It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Whose CRD was this? Indiana CRD with lots of mods
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:17 pm 
LOST Newbie

My wife and I bought this CRD and it's looking like despite having all of the right replacement parts we indeed got shafted since it already has inconsistent heat within one tank of fuel. The seller owns a shop and is going to try and help us out but I'm pretty sure it's a lost cause. After joining this board I already regret even going this route. I should have just bought a basket case with known problems for nothing (they are essentially scrap around here once they start having issues) and gone from there. It already has the WEEKS kit and ID parts hoses. Someone definitely did their research before they passed it on down the line.Image

Post subject: Re: Whose CRD was this? Indiana CRD with lots of mods
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:44 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
Did it come with all the receipts for the repairs and mods claimed?

Your description of the situation sounds more like it was the seller that took advantage rather than the previous owner.

I'm not sure what you mean by inconsistent heat. Are you referring to cabin heat issues? Temperature gauge issues? Undertemp? Overtemp?
The OEM mopar thermostat is both known problematic and expensive for a thermostat.
The very best solution is much more expensive up front, and the OEM type are a pain to change.

Are you equipped and experienced enough to handle the repairs yourself or would you need to take it to a repair garage? (added labor cost)

Where in Indiana? Is it '05 or '06?

Give us a chance. We may be able to verify what important mods it does or doesn't have.

Weeks' are very important ones, and IDParts hoses are good upgrades from stock, although not to the level of Mishimoto or Samco.

When you first turn the key on, a humming from the rear could indicate the presence of an in-tank lift pump. This is arguably THE single most important mod that can be done, and definitely top 3.

*Lift Pump
*Weeks Kits
*Provent

If these 3 are not present, to me, it casts high doubt on any others claimed.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

Post subject: Re: Whose CRD was this? Indiana CRD with lots of mods
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:00 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
I'm the traveling CRD tech if you need experienced assistance - and I can usually help with the diagnosis from remote so that at least you have a plan before doing anything. Looking at the picture you posted, that CRD looks like it was (at one time) set up to pull behind an RV. I don't think it was one that I've worked on previously, but that doesn't mean that the work was done wrong.

Please answer the questions from Gornado above and we can go from there. The more descriptive of everything you can be, the better. Pictures of the engine can also be helpful to identify what may have been done before as well.

Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 125 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.