It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: filter head
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:08 pm 
LOST Newbie

i am planning on changing fuel filter head soon and i was thinkin if i buy 2nd generation fuel filter head there will be no problem changin it to 2002 2,5 crd model? Most of ppl have 2005+ kj's here so im not sure if gonna fit and its marked in shops also 2005+ year.

Post subject: Re: filter head
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:58 am 
LOST Member

Why change your filter Head?
I have the exact same Jeep and have never had any problems.

Our Export 2.5 CRDs came fitted with a Raycor filter from the factory....much to the envy of all USA owners of 2005/6 CRDs!

Once these USA owners found out about Raycor filter heads most moved to what you call the second generation Raycor head with great success.

The only problem with our Raycor heads is that the explanation in the Service Manual on how to bleed air out of it is incomplete!

You can download the 2002 KJ Service Manual here.....includes the Wiring diagrams and good advice on everything on the Jeep except for the engine section which is different on our Export models.

So download the 2002 KJ Service manual below but very important is to also download the section "2.5_2.8 Export Diesel" which covers our Engines nicely!

The only problem with this latter download is in the section on how to get air out of the Filter Head....they should say "unscrew and lift up the plunger....rapidly pump this up and own until resistance is felt...briefly open and close the 10 mm brass screw on the filter head to let air escape .Repeat this process a few times and your existing Raycor filter head should work fine! :wink:

Downloads: http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:29 am 
LOST Newbie

I wanna change because its leaking when i pump fuel. Temporarily i fixed it with silicone but thats temporarily

Wysłane z mojego SM-G903F przy użyciu Tapatalka

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:41 pm 
LOST Newbie

So i would change fual head for raycor but i have problem finding it anywhere. Anyone have a part number? Maybe this would help finding it. Or maybe there is a way to fix this bleeding. While i pump fuel it start to bleed fuel from this pumping stick and its supposed to get hard. Why i was asking about 2nd generation fuel head is because its easy to find on eBay and other online shops but not sure if its possbile to fit to my car

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:55 pm 
LOST Member

mundri wrote:
So i would change fual head for raycor but i have problem finding it anywhere. Anyone have a part number? Maybe this would help finding it. Or maybe there is a way to fix this bleeding. While i pump fuel it start to bleed fuel from this pumping stick and its supposed to get hard. Why i was asking about 2nd generation fuel head is because its easy to find on eBay and other online shops but not sure if its possbile to fit to my car

Here's the part numbers needed for the Racor fuel head and pieces/parts to make it plug-n-play.

Fuel filter head - Racor 245R122 with heater and electrical connector
WIF sensor - Racor RK30694 with connector

GDE FT ECO tune, GDE TCM ECO tune, ARP studs, HDS-001 203F T-Stat, 3.7L nylon fan & Hayden 2905 clutch, Carter P76148M in-tank pump, Racor 245R122 filter head & 2 micron R25S fuel filter, Provent 200, Samcos, Fumoto F-102, Litens 920834A de-coupler, PML rear diff cover, OEM trans pan with welded in bung, JBA UCAs, full skids.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:26 am 
LOST Member

You could probably fit the second generation Raycor head onto your 2002 Export 2.5 CRD if you cannot find a first generation Raycor head as used on your Jeep at a Breaker yard...probably have to modify the fuel line connectors and the electrical connectors and mounting bracket.

A good site for our old Export 2002 2.5 CRDs is the Australian site: http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com

Sign on there and go to the KJ section...lots of experts there on our old Export CRDs!

The link to the KJ manuals I sent you also has the 2003 Parts catalogue...I will look into a 2002 KJ parts manual I have for the correct part number :wink:

OK: The part number for the Export 2002 2.5 CRD Fuel Filter Head is: 05069072AA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:20 am 
LOST Newbie

so i got racor 245r/122 so i assume that i can use wif from old bowl? it fits but dont know yet if its gonna leak