It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Glowplug and transmission codes coming back
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:58 am 
LOST Newbie

My 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD had a bad transmission when I bought it last year. Jeep always had P1267 code even after replacing all 4 glow plugs but has always started fine even with the code. Anyways, I had the transmission rebuilt and started driving it. After a month of driving on the rebuilt transmission I started getting P0700 and P2706 codes. Jeep would go into transmission limp mode (run and drives but in 2nd and 3rd gear only) maybe 1 out of 10 starts this would happen. Shutting down and restarting would result in normal transmission function. Took to transmission place. They tested the solenoid pack, with no faults, but replaced it with a new one under warranty anyways and also replaced the transmission wiring harness. At the same time that the Jeep was at shop I went ahead and bought a glowplug harness and module which removed the P1267. Got the Jeep back from trans palce, no codes, everything perfect. Then two months later the P1267 code came back. A month after that the P2706 and P0700 came back along with the intermittent trans limp mode at startup.

At this point after replacing everything and several months of trouble free use, I am at a loss as to where the problem is originating from and why all of these codes came back. Is there anyway that the glowplug and trans codes are related in someway? Like a bad ground or a faulty computer? I would appreciate any insight from those who have possibly ran into a similar problem.

TL/DR: 05 liberty CRD had codes P1267 (#4 glowplug), P0700 (general trans), P2706 (trans solenoid) after replacing glowplugs and rebuilding trans. I then replaced glowplug harness, glowplug module, transmission wiring harness, and solenoid pack. No codes for about two months, then P1267 code comes back, a month later P2706 and P0700 come back. :sad panda:

Thank you,
Jesse

Post subject: Re: Glowplug and transmission codes coming back
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:23 pm 
LOST Addict

What glow plugs are you using?

The trans solenoid might be a loose connection. Check the connection at the transmission and the connection at the TCM. Also there is a ground connection close to the TCM near the firewall.

Post subject: Re: Glowplug and transmission codes coming back
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

It had 7v steel bosch plugs when I got it, I replaced them with 5v Etecno plugs. It has thrown the #4 plug code with both sets.

Thank you for the suggestion on the areas to check the connections. Will do that tomorrow and see if anything changes.