It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What's it worth?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:35 pm 
LOST Member

I have a 2005 crd I'm considering selling. I'll list the details below and it would be great if you guys can give me a ballpark of what you think it would sell for. I only want to sell it because I want a truck. I don't have to sell it to get my truck, but selling it will definitely influence what I spend.

2005 CRD with 250k. It runs and drives perfect.

the good:
ORM mod and the Elephant hose blow by modification have been on it since before I bought it (190k)
Interior is in great condition
-A/C works great
-sunroof that works perfectly
-Has a rustys offroad 2.5 inch lift kit installed in fall of 2016 (It's a spacer kit - rubber spacers in the back and metal spacers on top of the struts in front)
-254 75 r16 cooper discoverer M+S tires with 50% tread remaining. The spare is matching and hasn't been used (100% tread left).
-new front struts, rear springs, and rear shocks installed with the lift kit
-Aluminum roof rack
-both front hubs were replaced in 2017
-passenger side CV joint replaced in 2017
-Timing belt, idlers, and water pump was replaced in 2016 at about 220k (Done by dealer and I have the receipt)
-New alternator at about 230k
-Replaced the turbo to intercooler charge hose in 2017
-Replaced radiator (it was clogged) in 2017 with a serviced used one and it cools perfectly now
-Removed fan clutch and factory fan (before I knew the radiator was clogged) and added a flex fan and spacer
-It has had a new fan shroud since 2017
-two factory remote keys
-aftermarket stereo and front door speakers

the bad:
-the windshield is cracked all the way across the bottom. It's not in the field of vision but it won't pass an inspection here. I was quoted $180 to replace it
-has two surface rust spots about the size of a quarter. (above the windshield and next to a rear door window. I just had the repair quoted at $375. If I were keeping it I wouldn't fix them because they aren't very noticeable. Strangely the undercarriage is rust free and looks like it's from Texas. It was sold new in MN and shortly after went to CO where it has spent most of its life.
-the rear window wiper doesn't always work
-I trashed the plastic engine cover long ago

performance:
-I change the oil every 4000 and I don't add any in between. It does use some but not enough to have to add.
-It only smokes when you floor it. The smoke is black.
-mpg before lift kit averaged 28 to 30 on the ecu. After the lift kit and tires it has dropped to around 26. Before the lift kit I was able to get the average mpg to read 42 on a couple of trips. After the lift kit I have only been able to make it say 31 for an entire trip.
-the plastic trim has started to sun fade. The plastic polish that fixes that lasts about 6 months before it is noticeable again

other:
-previous owner told me that the engine had the entire top end done by the dealer around 100k. I don't have proof but may be able to get it through a jeep dealer if a record exists.
-the overhead console has the computer and garage door buttons but it was installed by the previous owner (not factory). It doesn't give temp, direction, or instant mpg because it lacks the sensors. All other functions work.