It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Done here, i guess...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:47 am 
LOST Addict

Its certainly worth $500. I might bee interested depending on how much it would take to ship to me probably too far away to be worth it to me to drive there. I have a black limited with some body damage that I could swap motor from if it wasn't easily fixable.

06 D Khaki Lim 126K wkII Eur TC
05 D khaki Lim 145k refurbishing
All CRDS: Fumoto, Lift , Fan Shroud mod, fuel head Gen II, SAMCOS,self TB, 2 Mic filt, Hayden

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:06 pm 
LOST Addict

Mr. jdr, what is a good email to reach you at? Tried to email you a little while back through lost but I do not know if it went through?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:17 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi all, I had some mild interest in the liberty crd, but want it out of my driveway so am turning the disposal of it over to my son. He has posted it on Craigslist (Seattle/King County/Snohomish County) and I think he's put up a few pictures, too. Check with him if you're interested.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:37 pm 
LOST Addict

jdr wrote:
Hi all, I had some mild interest in the liberty crd, but want it out of my driveway so am turning the disposal of it over to my son. He has posted it on Craigslist (Seattle/King County/Snohomish County) and I think he's put up a few pictures, too. Check with him if you're interested.

Yes... I see he has it posted for $2000.00... I do not think he is going to accept $500.00.

I was going to drive down, purchase a vehicle dolly, pick up your CRD and drive home. His asking price puts it out of my league.

I was going to transfer the money to you from my U.S. bank account, but the total amount I now require is close to $4000.00 USD including the dolly purchase. I do not have this much; period.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:06 am 
LOST Newbie

TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK wrote:
jdr wrote:

Yes... I see he has it posted for $2000.00... I do not think he is going to accept $500.00.

If it had Finnish flag on the rear window, it would be worth of it, but Swedish and Norwegian ones do demotion the value... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:29 am 
LOST Addict

jdr wrote:

I am interested in dealing with you directly.

You mentioned a price of $500.00 USD... that is what I am willing to pay.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:53 pm 
LOST Addict

jdr wrote:

I was going to drive down, purchase a vehicle dolly, pick up your CRD and drive home. His asking price puts it out of my league.

I was going to transfer the money to you from my U.S. bank account, but the total amount I now require is close to $4000.00 USD including the dolly purchase. I do not have this much; period.

He had me interested at $500, or even more, but I'm feeling a little bait and switch to $2k.

I'm also not interested in parting it out $100-200 at a time, I was looking for a driver for my father. Between the drive to and from seattle, and renting a tow dolly, and the risk of what needs to be repaired I can make it work at $500. But when I can buy a running and driving CRD for $4k that doesnt need a $4k engine replacement, nope, I can't make it work.

Maybe someone local to Seattle can pay $2k and deal with craigslist people for $200 parts at a time, I just want a nice CRD for my father to drive.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:54 pm 
LOST Addict

jdr wrote:

I am interested in dealing with you directly.

You mentioned a price of $500.00 USD... that is what I am willing to pay.

Don't bother, I sent emails and PMs, didn't bother replying to either, was ready to send money days ago but I got no reply.

Probably had more than one of us offer to come get it and figured they could get more money out of it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

FYI, there were multiple contacts with ridiculous offers such as "$200 and I deliver", arguements about parting it out, etc. It became a waste of my time and i was ready to just tow it to the back of my property and store it until next summer. My son volunteered to deal with it. He listed it for more money to filter out the unserious offers and now has two people honestly negotiating a price. Sorry for any confusion this has caused, I guess this is a classic example of a few bad apples ruining everything - I had hoped that offering it for a low price would find someone really interested in fixing or using it somehow, but instead it just seems to have brought out the low ball, something for nothing crowd.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:47 pm 
LOST Addict

jdr wrote:
FYI, there were multiple contacts with ridiculous offers such as "$200 and I deliver", arguements about parting it out, etc. It became a waste of my time and i was ready to just tow it to the back of my property and store it until next summer. My son volunteered to deal with it. He listed it for more money to filter out the unserious offers and now has two people honestly negotiating a price. Sorry for any confusion this has caused, I guess this is a classic example of a few bad apples ruining everything - I had hoped that offering it for a low price would find someone really interested in fixing or using it somehow, but instead it just seems to have brought out the low ball, something for nothing crowd.

You had me at $500.00 USD; I was prepared to drive down from Canada, purchase a vehicle dolly, pay you the $500.00 and take all of it home.

I guess you missed my messaging.

Regards,

Jeff Bauer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:10 pm 
LOST Addict

jdr wrote:

Both Jeff and myself contacted you quickly and directly and were interested in purchasing at $500.

Quickly after that you reposted on CL for $2000 and had to deal with the craigslist yokels.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:32 am 
LOST Addict

jdr wrote:

If you change your mind and want to sell it here on LOSTJEEPS.com; I will send you a cheque for $500.00 USD. In return, I will expect an e-mailed Word document receipt with a complete and accurate description of your CRD with its vehicle identification number.

I guarantee that I can pick it up in September. Your son writes in the Craigslist ad that he does not want his time wasted driving over an hour to show the CRD to a buyer if the buyer is going to lowball him. I do not want my time wasted either as I will be driving about 20 hours to get to you, and purchasing a brand new vehicle dolly to boot. If you want me to purchase your CRD I want a guarantee that I am not going to have problems with the sale.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:09 pm 
LOST Newbie

Jeep is sold. Got $1300 for it from a young man here in WA. He is a diesel mechanic who has four of them, plus a spare engine. He said he'd let me know what he finds.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:28 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
If he has a mechanic shop, might could get his details in case someone in the area needs a CRD mechanic.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set