It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: No WORKING Cruise When I bought Liberty CRD
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:24 pm 

MED wrote:
This looks like the closest thread to my issue so I thought I would post on here:
My cruise control light comes on, but it won't set. This happened about six months ago, and when I stopped and started the vehicle, it worked again. It happened over the weekend again, and this time it isn't coming back.

Unfortunately the information in the FSM for diagnosing and troubling shooting the Speed Control System only has coverage for Gasoline powered vehicles only and it does not contain information for diesel powered vehicles. Without proper wiring diagrams for the speed control on a diesel powered vehicle, it is hard to say for sure what the exact electrical inputs are to the speed control system.

On diesel powered vehicles, the speed control is fully electronic and controlled by the ECM through the BCM & TCM. Listed below are some of the inputs to the speed control system that I believe you would want check to verify proper operation. Any one of these items could prevent the speed control system from functioning.

Do you have any ABS alarms present? (wheel speed sensors)
Any DTCs? (check engine light)
Have you scanned it for any DTC codes present or stored?

Some Possibilities:
    1. Bad speed sensors, wiring, connectors, etc... inputs for the wheel speed and / or transmission output shaft speed?
    2. Brake Light Switch malfunction?
    3. Clockspring failure?

Sorry, wish I could be of more help, but due to the lack of detailed wiring information on diesel models, it makes it very hard. :( :banghead:
If anyone has a detailed wiring diagram on the diesel vehicles speed control system, I would love have a copy!

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve