It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DIY tune
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:29 pm 
LOST Newbie

I ordered a cable to do a DIY tune. I have a newer Dell Windows 10 machine. Are there any programs that will work on windows 10 64 bit. I found out the hard way on some work software the newer Dells do not recognize 32 bit drivers and some legacy software will just not run at all on a 64 bit machine. I have loaded a popular free software and it will not read, keeps giving errors.

Next, I have looked at the DIY tune page and there are 76 pages. What kind of results are people getting with the tunes? I did a VIN search when I got the kj and the TC was changed. I do not know if it was upgraded again. I have not done a Weeks on it yet. So basically stock.

I hauled a 22 ft camper (3500 dry weight) 2000 miles last week with my wife's 2015 Cherokee and what a crap shoot that was. Averaged 7 mpg. My home owners made me get rid of my 98 Cummins (kids have moved back in and complaints about to many cars, 4 jeeps, 2 beetles and 2 Dodge trucks. The Cummins took up the most space) so I am looking to tow with the KJ.

Post subject: Re: DIY tune
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:19 pm 

If you bought the cable I think you did, look into running Windows XP under VirtualBox. This is essentially what I have to do since I'm on a Mac and can't run the included software directly.

JBA Lifted A-Arms
IRO WJ Short Rear UCA/WWDiesel mount
Skid Row Skidplates
HDS Model 001 Thermostat (190°F)
Suncoast TC
Full Weeks Kit
Bosch 5V glow plugs
Hayden 2986 fan clutch / GM 11-blade fan
Samco / Sasquatch Intake Hoses
Carter in-tank pump
Provent 200
V6 Airbox

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:02 am 
LOST Newbie

casm wrote:
If you bought the cable I think you did, look into running Windows XP under VirtualBox. This is essentially what I have to do since I'm on a Mac and can't run the included software directly.

does not want to seem to run on a newer Dell. Or, I just have not tried enough times yet to delete and reload.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:18 am 

Let's back up a little. It's not totally clear as to what it is you're running up against.

What have you tried so far to make this work?

What's the spec of the system you're trying to use it on, and what errors are you getting?

JBA Lifted A-Arms
IRO WJ Short Rear UCA/WWDiesel mount
Skid Row Skidplates
HDS Model 001 Thermostat (190°F)
Suncoast TC
Full Weeks Kit
Bosch 5V glow plugs
Hayden 2986 fan clutch / GM 11-blade fan
Samco / Sasquatch Intake Hoses
Carter in-tank pump
Provent 200
V6 Airbox

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:40 am 

You many have to install the drivers for the MPPS software manually. :roll:
I had to do this on my Dell laptop back in 13 when I first started reflashing ECM...

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:43 am 
LOST Addict

I found the drivers were a challenge to get installed properly, so I called in my brother the programmer

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:00 pm 
LOST Member

Mountainman wrote:
I found the drivers were a challenge to get installed properly, so I called in my brother the programmer

Perhaps your brother the programmer might be able to write an executable to "automate" the process of manually installing the drivers? That would certainly make life easier for the less computer inclined among us!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:15 pm 
LOST Addict

No problems loading with MPPS in Win 7 64 bit.

Back when win 10 was first released I had the free evaluation version of Win 10 64bit and I was able to load with the MPPS, have since returned to Win 7, but it has worked on both for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:30 am 
LOST Newbie

Sir Sam wrote:

Back when win 10 was first released I had the free evaluation version of Win 10 64bit and I was able to load with the MPPS, have since returned to Win 7, but it has worked on both for me.

Where did you download your MPPS from? I have tried to run it on Win 10 64 bit Dell. I was getting a memory read error when opening the program. I tried it on an older machine that is Win 10 32 bit and it gave me the same memory read error. I was thinking of doing a dual boot to Win 7 64 bit on my Dell. It will not run 32 bit since new Dells don't recognize 32 bit drivers.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:41 pm 
LOST Addict

RCS wrote:
Sir Sam wrote:

Where did you download your MPPS from? I have tried to run it on Win 10 64 bit Dell. I was getting a memory read error when opening the program. I tried it on an older machine that is Win 10 32 bit and it gave me the same memory read error. I was thinking of doing a dual boot to Win 7 64 bit on my Dell. It will not run 32 bit since new Dells don't recognize 32 bit drivers.

I don't recall which versions I have used or am using, that said I have two MPPS version available for download here:
http://colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

Sir Sam wrote:
RCS wrote:
Sir Sam wrote:

I don't recall which versions I have used or am using, that said I have two MPPS version available for download here:
http://colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/

Where are you in Colorado? I'm in Parker.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:20 pm 
LOST Addict

RCS wrote:
[
Where are you in Colorado? I'm in Parker.

A bit north, fort collins.