It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Updated Front Pump Problem
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have the 545RFE at the transmission shop for overhaul with all of the recommended updates, but having trouble with the updated front pump. Bought the new RL009879AE Pump Kit directly from a Mopar dealer. I had to provide my VIN number to complete this purchase. My trans mechanic showed me there were fluid circuit mismatches and the pump's drive gear has four T/C contact tabs while the my original and replacement T/C's are machines for only two contact points. The T/C's will not accept the new drive gear. Anyone else had this problem?

'05 CRD: GDE Full Torque ECO Tune, 245/70-R17 General Grabber AT2 on stock rims, Surco Safari Rack, Hayden 2905 Heavy Duty Fan Clutch, OME 926/947 Springs/Shocks/Struts, Dynomax Exhaust, Hot Diesel Solutions Model 001 Thermostat

Post subject: Re: Updated Front Pump Problem
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

This is what the new pump should look like. This is an RL009879AE that I purchased from IDParts, but came from Quirk , a dealer in Mass.

Weeks' Stage 1 & 2
ProVent 200
Samco Hoses
V6 Airbox
Cummins In Tank Pump
2nd Gen Fuel Filter Head,
Donaldson P551313 Secondary Filter
Fumoto valve
OME lift, JBA UCAs
Backbone Winch Mount

Post subject: Re: Updated Front Pump Problem
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

I contacted the dealer parts guy (non-mechanic knowledge) and asked him to pull another pump kit from the warehouse for inspection. I asked him look through the housing to where the T/C would engage the drive gear to see if there were two or four tabs. He took it to their transmission service tech who confirmed it was the appropriate two tabs drive gear and the right updated pump kit for the 545RFE. The tech told him the pump I received was likely for a Cummins trans. New pump is on it's way.

I got this pump kit from a dealer parts department in Minnesota via their internet sales for $199 plus $100 core charge. The box had the right part number, but was obviously a mislabeled package. Not the dealers fault and they quickly took care of matter.

k9adv: Thanks for the photo.

'05 CRD: GDE Full Torque ECO Tune, 245/70-R17 General Grabber AT2 on stock rims, Surco Safari Rack, Hayden 2905 Heavy Duty Fan Clutch, OME 926/947 Springs/Shocks/Struts, Dynomax Exhaust, Hot Diesel Solutions Model 001 Thermostat