It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cam Position Sensor Connector
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:17 pm 
LOST Member

Well I am continuing a slow motion track down of a P0340 code (camshaft position sensor code). I've replaced the sensor and cleaned to contacts as best I could, and that helped in that the code only comes back every 100-500 miles. I've traced the wires from the ECU to the connector and no signs of wear points or internal breaks. So I thought I'd try replacing the connector at the sensor as my next step.

I had heard that NAPA carried a replacement sensor connector, but all that I could find there were ones for the gassers. They did not list one for the CRD.

Anyone know where one can get a replacement (the connector and some short leads)? Is it the same as the Napa gasser one?

TIA

Post subject: Re: Cam Position Sensor Connector
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

Steve777 wrote:
Well I am continuing a slow motion track down of a P0340 code (camshaft position sensor code). I've replaced the sensor and cleaned to contacts as best I could, and that helped in that the code only comes back every 100-500 miles. I've traced the wires from the ECU to the connector and no signs of wear points or internal breaks. So I thought I'd try replacing the connector at the sensor as my next step.

I had heard that NAPA carried a replacement sensor connector, but all that I could find there were ones for the gassers. They did not list one for the CRD.

Anyone know where one can get a replacement (the connector and some short leads)? Is it the same as the Napa gasser one?

TIA

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/ECHEC506

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:17 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks Drifter.

Looks like the right connector, right number of wires and appears to be the same as the current one. But it is listed as an ABS connector elsewhere in the napa catalog???

Just curious, have you put one of these on and it fits the cam sensor?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:00 am 
LOST Newbie

Steve777 wrote:
Thanks Drifter.

Looks like the right connector, right number of wires and appears to be the same as the current one. But it is listed as an ABS connector elsewhere in the napa catalog???

No I have not. I don't even own a CRD but I do work for NAPA and based on the specs it shows it will fit. Sometimes these connectors are used for multiple purposes but more times than not it simply is due to how the database calls up numbers. Case in point, I ordered a blower motor resistor connector recently. It was called a power seat switch connector. Not sure why but it worked fine as the
resistor connector.

I say give it a go. Have the Napa person look it up anyway, then if needed have them order one. Worst case, since they looked it up, if its wrong they will have to accept the return. You know the number now so see if thats what it comes up as when they look for it. I can check tomorrow to see if they are available in the DC.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:36 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
Drifter wrote:
Steve777 wrote:
Thanks Drifter.

No I have not. I don't even own a CRD but I do work for NAPA and based on the specs it shows it will fit. Sometimes these connectors are used for multiple purposes but more times than not it simply is due to how the database calls up numbers. Case in point, I ordered a blower motor resistor connector recently. It was called a power seat switch connector. Not sure why but it worked fine as the
resistor connector.

I say give it a go. Have the Napa person look it up anyway, then if needed have them order one. Worst case, since they looked it up, if its wrong they will have to accept the return. You know the number now so see if thats what it comes up as when they look for it. I can check tomorrow to see if they are available in the DC.

It's known that Mopar uses common connectors for multiple applications.
For example, the same 2 wire connector used for the injectors is also used for the FQS at the pump, and FPS in the back of the rail.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set