It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cummins 2.8 crd egr delete---Russian style
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:50 am 
LOST Newbie

the most informative footage on the web--
chinese built cummins 2.8 crd egr delete including high level detail of camshaft and a valve train
Jeep crd owners could only hope for

the same engine offered in kit crate in North America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kabEZu6F5PQ

Post subject: Re: Cummins 2.8 crd egr delete---Russian style
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:01 pm 
LOST Addict

Cummins does offer a crate motor 2.8. I dont think its the same though.

https://www.cummins.com/engines/repower

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:05 pm 

mass-hole wrote:

looks way different, has a timing chain. :lol:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:44 pm 
LOST Addict

WWDiesel wrote:
mass-hole wrote:

For the low low price of $9000.

I am having a hard time figuring out what I would put this in that would benefit. It would be $9000 cheaper to just use a GM 8.1L that would make as much/more torque and no turbos, diesel nonsense, or anything else to worry about. You can burn a lot of gasoline for $9000.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:17 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
:idea: You could replace that cruddy weak old EcoBoost and put a REAL engine in your 1500 :idea:
:twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:52 am 
LOST Addict

GordnadoCRD wrote:
:idea: You could replace that cruddy weak old EcoBoost and put a REAL engine in your 1500 :idea:
:twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Those are fighting words.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:18 pm 
LOST Member

WWDiesel wrote:
mass-hole wrote:

https://www.cummins.com/sites/default/f ... 410825.pdf

The repower does have a timing chain... as does the one in the Russian video. And it's well hid in the rear of the engine. I have a couple of older Cummins with rear drive trains. Not problematic by any means. It's actually a quieter unit. But when it does need work; PainInTheAss.

Yeah, 9k is a lot. But it is a brand new engine. (not saying it's any better than a 15 yo that has been rebuilt, for a third the price) ... It just hasn't been depreciated out. :roll: There could be another reason for them running a high sticker price; They only want the DEAD SERIOUS car crafters to have them.. and this weeds out the tire kickers, and the one's who'll do a poor job, and get poor results. (bad reviews coming back @Cummins) Writing the check to Cummins is the easy part... Doing the rest of the conversion is going to take a lot of $$$$ and some pretty good 'know-how'. If you can't afford the 9k, probably won't be able to afford the rest of the conversion either, or be happy with it!
Last thing Cummins wants is a bunch of YOUtubes with junk projects getting drug around with their powerplants.

What does the typical diesel option add to a vehicle that can come either gas or diesel? I haven't 'shopped' or compared prices for over a decade... or 2. :oops:

Parts are going to be 'wait till they ship'..

The link I gave has a statement; 'Thousands of miles of testing, in all altitudes, temps". ummm, i'll wait until the statement reads "MILLIONS OF MILES" I think this is in regards to the actual 'Crate kit'.
Cummins IS a Global Company, and 'should' be ok with their Chinese 'crap'... This design has been around for some time in various chassis/applications.. The overall endurance 'bugs' should be worked out by now..

Sasquatch elbow kit, samcos, GDE eco FT. 11-26-14
80,500 miles, engine is disassembled, awaiting parts 3/18
Budget?? Sure! 'Everything I have'.
New "Pet" name for My Jeep; 'Soul Sucker'

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:54 pm 
LOST Addict

rancherman wrote:
WWDiesel wrote:
mass-hole wrote:

The repower does have a timing chain... as does the one in the Russian video. And it's well hid in the rear of the engine. I have a couple of older Cummins with rear drive trains. Not problematic by any means. It's actually a quieter unit. But when it does need work; PainInTheAss.

Yeah, 9k is a lot. But it is a brand new engine. (not saying it's any better than a 15 yo that has been rebuilt, for a third the price) ... It just hasn't been depreciated out. :roll: There could be another reason for them running a high sticker price; They only want the DEAD SERIOUS car crafters to have them.. and this weeds out the tire kickers, and the one's who'll do a poor job, and get poor results. (bad reviews coming back @Cummins) Writing the check to Cummins is the easy part... Doing the rest of the conversion is going to take a lot of $$$$ and some pretty good 'know-how'. If you can't afford the 9k, probably won't be able to afford the rest of the conversion either, or be happy with it!
Last thing Cummins wants is a bunch of YOUtubes with junk projects getting drug around with their powerplants.

What does the typical diesel option add to a vehicle that can come either gas or diesel? I haven't 'shopped' or compared prices for over a decade... or 2. :oops:

The link I gave has a statement; 'Thousands of miles of testing, in all altitudes, temps". ummm, i'll wait until the statement reads "MILLIONS OF MILES" I think this is in regards to the actual 'Crate kit'.
Cummins IS a Global Company, and 'should' be ok with their Chinese 'crap'... This design has been around for some time in various chassis/applications.. The overall endurance 'bugs' should be worked out by now..

I guess it depends how you look at it. For a ram 1500 the ecodiesel is a $4500 upgrade to the base V6 and $3000 for the Hemi.

Colorado Duramax: it’s like 5k over the base I4 but I think it adds options you wouldn’t otherwise get. It’s ~4K over the v6

So 4500-5k plus whatever a regular old I4 gasser costs.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:05 pm 
LOST Addict

mass-hole wrote:
rancherman wrote:
WWDiesel wrote:
[quote="mass-hole"]Cummins does offer a crate motor 2.8. I dont think its the same though.

I guess it depends how you look at it. For a ram 1500 the ecodiesel is a $4500 upgrade to the base V6 and $3000 for the Hemi.

Colorado Duramax: it’s like 5k over the base I4 but I think it adds options you wouldn’t otherwise get. It’s ~4K over the v6

So 4500-5k plus whatever a regular old I4 gasser costs.[/quote]

Ford F-150 has probably the most analogous comp. the 2.7 ecoboost shares many traits with a modern diesel including direct injection, turbos, cgi, block, etc. it’s $4000 cheaper than the new ford powerstroke 3.0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:31 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks Mass-hole, I really have been out-of-the loop on options, and what they cost! (I really don't even know what an 'eco-boost' is!) LOL!
I fix and drive other's throw away stuff! :oops: Generally, I am the LAST owner of all my vehicles..

Sasquatch elbow kit, samcos, GDE eco FT. 11-26-14
80,500 miles, engine is disassembled, awaiting parts 3/18
Budget?? Sure! 'Everything I have'.
New "Pet" name for My Jeep; 'Soul Sucker'

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:09 pm 
LOST Addict

rancherman wrote:
Thanks Mass-hole, I really have been out-of-the loop on options, and what they cost! (I really don't even know what an 'eco-boost' is!) LOL!
I fix and drive other's throw away stuff! :oops: Generally, I am the LAST owner of all my vehicles..

Ecoboost is Ford's name for their Gasoline turbocharged direct injected tech. Its a lot of the tech from a diesel in gasoline form. High pressure direct injection, turbos, high compression ratio(for gasoline at least) etc. It allows diesel like low end torque but V8 like top end HP out of a small V6. 400 ft-lbs at 2500 rpm and 325 HP out of a 2.7L. And its $4000 cheaper too.