It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FCV bolts
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

Does anyone have a source for the 4 allen bolts that hold the FCV to the EGR. Or what size is it and I will go to Fastenal. I went to the dealership this morning and they said it is a discontinued part and no longer available. I dropped a $100 on the KDP intake but failed a visual on the emissions test so, I am putting the old back on. The bolts are all stripped out and I want to take it all apart to clean it an pull the butterfly from the FCV.

Post subject: Re: FCV bolts
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:29 pm 
LOST Addict

I believe I can get the thread for you because I bought studs to replace mine and have some studs extra but not sure I can get length but believe they are about 3/4 inch . I might be able to tell by how much stud sticking out if you don't have the striped ones to measure.

06 D Khaki Lim 126K wkII Eur TC
05 D khaki Lim 145k refurbishing
All CRDS: Fumoto, Lift , Fan Shroud mod, fuel head Gen II, SAMCOS,self TB, 2 Mic filt, Hayden

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

TKB4 wrote:
I believe I can get the thread for you because I bought studs to replace mine and have some studs extra but not sure I can get length but believe they are about 3/4 inch . I might be able to tell by how much stud sticking out if you don't have the striped ones to measure.

I got some studs to put the intake elbow on the manifold. They are an M6 1.0 socket screw. What i need are the bolts the hold the FCV to the elbow.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:14 pm 
LOST Addict

The FVC to the EGR there are only two bolts holding the pipe to egr unless you count both ends of that tube. The FVC to the intake manifold? There are four, not sure if originals were allen I don't have mine but they are about 1 1/2 inches or less long. Or the allen head bolts that hold the butterfly valve part to the rest of original intake elbow> There are 4 of these and they definitely have allen heads and they are about 3 1/2 inches long and protrude 1/8 inch or so at end toward intake and are only threaded at end for an inch. The two threads on the FVC are the same .They are M6 x 1.0 thread so a little less than 1 1/2 inch for intake bolts to make sure they do not bottom out and 3 inches long and M6 x 1.0 for other. The EGR valve to cooler also has 4 bolts but I don't believe you are talking about those. I have 4 of the 3 inch allen ones I can mail you if these are what you need and you cannot find them. If its another part let me know. I am fixing to go to parts store for something else and will double check thread but that is what I ordered for the studs to intake and the same nuts fit on both . Here is a link to the studs I bought.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZ ... UTF8&psc=1

All CRDS: Fumoto, Lift , Fan Shroud mod, fuel head Gen II, SAMCOS,self TB, 2 Mic filt, Hayden

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:17 pm 
LOST Addict

I also have extra of these studs if you want them for FVC to Intake to convert from bolt to stud like weeks kit does don't think they could say anything about that.

See the post I did this am here that shows you how to keep original appearance and same thing can be done to pipe from FVC to EGR.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=90293

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:37 pm 
LOST Addict

These are the ones I believe you are referring to , they are the 3 inch ones with allen heads and 1 inch threaded that protrude 1/8 inch toward the intake and they are also M6 x 1.0 threads
https://imgur.com/Vjj9PAS
https://imgur.com/2RYUF72
So I do have them if you have trouble finding an acceptable substitute.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

TKB4 wrote:
These are the ones I believe you are referring to , they are the 3 inch ones with allen heads and 1 inch threaded that protrude 1/8 inch toward the intake and they are also M6 x 1.0 threads
https://imgur.com/Vjj9PAS
https://imgur.com/2RYUF72
So I do have them if you have trouble finding an acceptable substitute.

That be them. They are no longer available from Jeep. I will see if there are any at Lowes and if not I will go to Fastenal Monday. I'm just pissed I only had the KBD on for a week and now have to take it off.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:05 pm 
LOST Addict

yes but you could always put it back on after inspection and hope they don't say anything next time . I am surprised they noticed it next time you would have to dirty up the elbow and camouflage it with some hoses or wiring above it. Did they have a picture or something to look at to see what it originally looked like? You could shop around for a new employee maybe next time too. However it would also look bad to have it back on again. Out of curiosity did it pass the emissions tailpipe part ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:36 am 
LOST Newbie

TKB4 wrote:
yes but you could always put it back on after inspection and hope they don't say anything next time . I am surprised they noticed it next time you would have to dirty up the elbow and camouflage it with some hoses or wiring above it. Did they have a picture or something to look at to see what it originally looked like? You could shop around for a new employee maybe next time too. However it would also look bad to have it back on again. Out of curiosity did it pass the emissions tailpipe part ?

Never got tested. They said it did not look like the EGR was hooked up properly. They evidently have a new young kid that really takes his visual inspection serious. I am going to try another place this week. I am getting the parts together as a just in case. I think with the studs in it will be much easier to swap out. I did find that removing the battery tray makes the process much easier.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:51 am 
LOST Addict

yes removing the battery makes a tremendous difference. Sounds like if that guy is doing it you might even have to hook up the tube to the EGR with or without a block off plate. Sounds like he is the type that would use a telescoping mirror to even look underneath the FVC.
Good Luck!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:53 pm 

If it becomes a problem, you can always put a metal plug inside one or both ends of the exhaust feed tube where it attaches to the exhaust manifold and / or the EGR valve.
It would be totally hid from any prying eyes during visual inspections. :D

A round "Slug" knockout from a metal electrical box, like shown below, that you can purchase at most any hardware or builders supply store comes to mind as being a perfect fit! :idea:

Like this posted by TK4B
But don't use money! :lol:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch