It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Rotella T6 oil
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:39 am 
LOST Member

I have two CRD's. Both have run Rotella T-6 5W40 since I have owned them. One has racked up over 100000 miles of my driving. Coming up on it's second timing belt change. I have always changed the oil at the FSM interval of 10000km (6200mi) with no issues. Oil is relatively cheap when bought in bulk so why scrimp with extended intervals?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Isuzu C223 diesel? If so this is an exact copy of a question posted at http://www.isuzupup.com/viewtopic.php?t=18467 back in 2013 so why is it being asked again on the KJ CRD forum?

I have no clue what oil and/or oil change interval is recommended for that engine. A 3,000 mile oil change interval was a standard back in the days of single weight non-synthetic oils and today is only recommended by those in the business of making money out of frequent oil changes. I suspect you could extend the interval to say 5,000 miles assuming your driving is not limited to short in town distances BUT that's a pretty old engine series so if it's high mileage on the block staying with a short interval might be prudent. An alternative might be to invest in some oil analysis while extending your change interval to see what's going on.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

It is a newly registered spammer trying to legitimize their account. They are either a bot or don't speak English, so they can't generate fluent sounding posts on their own. Hopefully a mod will see it and ban them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:23 am 
LOST Newbie

I have worked on offshore oil rigs. Every mechanical engineer I know runs their diesels and motorcycles with T-6. Yes it is approved for wet clutches! Find it on sale at WallyWorld and don't think twice.