It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2006 liberty crd misfire cylinder 1
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:46 am 
LOST Newbie

running rough got two codes one for cylinder 1 glow plug open circuit new glow plug fixed that the other code cylinder 1 misfire swapped 1and 2 injectors still one. when i was doing this i noticed number one doesn't seem to be getting fuel took line off cylinder 1 and cranked barely any fuel comes out. how is this possible with a common rail system? was thinking fuel pressure solenoid but wanted some input before i replace it. it has a new fuel filter and primed. any help would be appreciated

Post subject: Re: 2006 liberty crd misfire cylinder 1
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:53 pm 
LOST Junkie

well we need more info , but dont replace anything , good think your engine starts and runs , rough running can be as simple as bad connections loose wire harness, or my be just mechanical as bad rockers. also good idea is to send injectors to BOSCH for testing , about 30 $ some people here dont what to do it they rather do guess work , so work smart , take time and diagnose it ,

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:53 pm 
LOST Junkie

well we need more info , but dont replace anything , good think your engine starts and runs , rough running can be as simple as bad connections loose wire harness, or my be just mechanical as bad rockers. also good idea is to send injectors to BOSCH for testing , about 30 $ some people here dont what to do it they rather do guess work , so work smart , take time and diagnose it ,

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:39 pm 
LOST Member

How may miles, when it's running is it making a popping noise in the intake? Does it smoke black?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:55 pm 
LOST Member

What fuel line did you pull off?
If it was the return line to the tank you do not expect much fuel.

May be a wiring problem where the leads going to the injector have a bad connection or are shorting to chassis/ground.

You need to download the 2006 Jeep KJ Service Manuals from here:

Manuals: http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ

The manuals will tell you how to check out the injectors...each injector has its own parameters on it for maximum performance so it is best to put injectors back in their original position.

Section 8W has the Wiring Diagrams but first dis-connect the battery and re-plug the connectors on the ECM a few times in case of a bad contact before climbing into the wiring!

The 2006 CRD has a known problem whereby the Fuel Filter Head Mounting Bracket can damage the wire harness behind it causing shorts to chassis so it is worth looking in that area for wire damage. :wink: