It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Need to vent about the egr delete kit from Sasquatch
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:08 pm 
LOST Member

Pilotjcd wrote:
The kit came with no instructions ...

Men don't read instructions! At least that's what my wife says...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:14 pm 

GordnadoCRD wrote:
cwmdiesel wrote:
read on another forum that the epa got on them and they had to quit selling them

They are sold explicitly for offroad applications. What the customer uses them for isn't supposed to be their responsibility.
It doesn't make any sense. If the EPA got after him about that, Jeff's thermostat housing could be next, since it modifies combustion temperatures from the EPA regs. I need to get one before that happens.

I believe in general, the EPA HATES diesels and targets anyone selling anything to modify factory designed emission control parameters.
Hopefully someone else will start producing just the elbow and flange to take the place of the FCV assembly. :D
The 5/8 coolant line straight hose fitting can be obtained at any parts store or hardware store. The plug for the coolant line fitting on the head is a simple metric oil drain plug I believe it is for a BMW?
The EGR feed tube can simply be blanked off or cut tube off, flattened it out and weld the end of it.

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:02 pm 
LOST Addict

If you want to cut off the check engine light just plug in the sensor to the removed EGR valve and attach it anywhere the wiring will reach. Its still there just cannot do anything.

06 D Khaki Lim 126K wkII Eur TC
05 D khaki Lim 145k refurbishing
All CRDS: Fumoto, Lift , Fan Shroud mod, fuel head Gen II, SAMCOS,self TB, 2 Mic filt, Hayden

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:49 pm 
LOST Addict

ID parts shows the exhaust manifold block plate. If anyone wants to do their own and use studs, I bought m6 x 40 and 50 mm. Cant remember for sure which ones I used for that probably the 50mm. I used stainless steel ones it makes getting the Flow Control Valve on and off much easier than using the original bolts. They are about $11 for up to 20 of them on amazon.

Might need to put together a set of instructions for DIY elbow/Egr delete for offload use only etc.

06 D Khaki Lim 126K wkII Eur TC
05 D khaki Lim 145k refurbishing
All CRDS: Fumoto, Lift , Fan Shroud mod, fuel head Gen II, SAMCOS,self TB, 2 Mic filt, Hayden

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:06 pm 
LOST Addict

WWDiesel wrote:
GordnadoCRD wrote:
cwmdiesel wrote:
read on another forum that the epa got on them and they had to quit selling them

They are sold explicitly for offroad applications. What the customer uses them for isn't supposed to be their responsibility.
It doesn't make any sense. If the EPA got after him about that, Jeff's thermostat housing could be next, since it modifies combustion temperatures from the EPA regs. I need to get one before that happens.

I believe in general, the EPA HATES diesels and targets anyone selling anything to modify factory designed emission control parameters.
Hopefully someone else will start producing just the elbow and flange to take the place of the FCV assembly. :D
The 5/8 coolant line straight hose fitting can be obtained at any parts store or hardware store. The plug for the coolant line fitting on the head is a simple metric oil drain plug I believe it is for a BMW?
The EGR feed tube can simply be blanked off or cut tube off, flattened it out and weld the end of it.

I totally agree with your assessment of the EPA and diesel engines... I truly believe they are trying to legislate them out of existence.

I believe that a fellow by the name of Ryan O'Hara has an intake elbow design, and it looks to be of higher quality than that which was sold by Sasquatch Parts. I think you can find him on the Liberty CRD Facebook page; if he is a member of LOSTJEEPS.com, I do not know what his username is.