It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Part out or sell whole? That is the big decision
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:28 am 
LOST Member

I'm in a situation. My 06 has 182k on it and is rusting apart. The rockers are all rusted up and missing at places, and the bottom of the drivers side door is rusted to where it rattles when i shut it the other doors are not far behind. The head i believe is cracked, even though it was studded 82k miles ago, maybe its the gasket, but i doubt it. The struts are junk as the camber is jacked up and the shocks in the rear i'm sure are not any better, but it does have new control arms on the rear. It runs fine, it just used coolant to where i need to add about monthly to bi monthly, and this causes a starting issue when its cold outside. It started to have a small ATF leak where the line comes through the radiator support, i have just been adding since it started as i knew as soon as spring came i was done with it. I cracked the front bumper cover area and part of the windshield washer fluid tank pulling into my yard this winter when i thought the snow was softer than it was. It is out of inspection, but i did drive it all winter, and still use it occasionally. It does run, and runs well but its to the point where i feel it isn't worth the time of trying to fix the rockers and doors and there really isn't a whole lot to work with to fix them, plus i picked up a XJ to replace it. I hate thinking about not having it anymore because i did love it, but i believe its time to move on. And the dash looks like Christmas with all of the lights on, ABS, and so on. The ABS i'm pretty sure is from the wheel sensors and the wire that goes to the rear. I haven't checked the codes in forever.

Thoughts on what to do? sell whole, or part out? It will NOT pass PA inspection.

Most of the mods where done at 99k when i did the timing belt and studded the head.

Mods,

Gutted cat
Sasquatch EGR delete elbow, with a 7.3 powerstroke intake heater installed (before he sold them this way)
Euro T/C
Inmotion stage 2 tune
Hemi TCM and stock tcm
Arp head studs
Transgo kit without the pump mod and resistor
Turbo was replaced a little after the timing belt job i believe at 120k.
wilson 5000 roof mount
and as slightly higher output alternator but i don't remember the specs

88 5.0 vert (blown, but soon to be TT stroker)
66 f100 project.
01 cbr 929rr