It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 526 tunes?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

any 526 flash to remove the codes after weeks stage 1 and 2 ?

Post subject: Re: 526 tunes?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:21 pm 
LOST Addict

A Green Diesel Tune will address your issues.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:29 pm 
LOST Newbie

I am interested in doing an egr delete, with the weeks kit no longer for sale what are the options for this? Also does the GDE tune by default turn off any CEL's related to the egr delete?

Secondary fuel filter from wwdiesel
Northstar AGM
GDE Hot Tune
EGR delete
Suncoast TC
Transgo Kit
Carter Intank-pump
SAMCO Hoses
Silicone Intake hose
Silicone Vacuum hoses
Hayden HD Fan Clutch
ARB Front Bumper
Bosch 5V glow plugs
Gen II Fuel Head
Rockfather II Lift
GM 11 Blade fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:58 pm 

timothyd wrote:
I am interested in doing an egr delete, with the weeks kit no longer for sale what are the options for this? Also does the GDE tune by default turn off any CEL's related to the egr delete?

There are still two different elbow Kits available on ebay. They both accomplish the same results.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-8l-CRD-EGR-F ... SwYvNcrK9h
https://www.ebay.com/itm/EGR-FCV-Delete ... Sw-89ZSw6t

No tune can completely eliminate the possibility of EGR leak by and / or contamination. Only total removal of the EGR system or a block-off plate can accomplish that.
The tunes eliminate the DTCs (check engine light) for unplugging removing the EGR valve and FCV.

The free $0.00 tunes are available on page one of this thread> viewtopic.php?p=824347#p824347
There is a 526 EGR/FCV delete - stock tune listed.
If you want a custom tune, you can PM Yeti on this forum, he can build you one. :wink:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:09 am 
LOST Addict

timothyd wrote:

The GDE tune will allow hardware changes without code issues.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:14 am 
LOST Newbie

Don't get me wrong I would love a GDE tune but there is absolutely no way I am paying 4 or $500 US plus shipping my ECM from Canada to Us and back or spending another $200 Us for the kit $700 USD x 1.34 exchange (approx) = $939.00 CAD. Not going to happen.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:28 pm 
LOST Addict

luk wrote:
Don't get me wrong I would love a GDE tune but there is absolutely no way I am paying 4 or $500 US plus shipping my ECM from Canada to Us and back or spending another $200 Us for the kit $700 USD x 1.34 exchange (approx) = $939.00 CAD. Not going to happen.

Then you should contact Yeti.
And let him know exactly what you want.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:04 pm 
LOST Addict

luk wrote:

This is a limited production vehicle here in North America... As such, proper parts and upgrades are going to be expensive because of the lack of a high number of vehicles to amortize development and manufacturing costs.

GDE tunes are recognized as being the most headache-free tuning upgrades because all of the homework has been done for you. GDE goes into more detail in their R&D than anyone else I know of. This is not a smear of Yeti tunes, as many people like them; but I think that you are going to have to do some homework and some other extra installation work to get exactly the kind of a tune you will want from Yeti if that is the route you want to go.

I am also unsure if Yeti's tunes come with matching transmission tunes to maximize power delivery to the wheels, while GDE does indeed have such tunes. WWDiesel or another member may be able to answer this question for you.

DO NOT make the mistake of performing cheap upgrades on your CRD; outside of the recommended Yeti tunes. These cheap upgrades will tend to cost you dearly down the road. I speak of the following...

1) The "In-hose thermostat valve upgrade".

2) The "Elephant Hose Modification" upgrade; use a Provent 200 catch can instead.

3) Installing an inline fuel lift pump, rather than a proper in-tank fuel lift pump.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:32 pm 
LOST Newbie

TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK wrote:
luk wrote:

This is a limited production vehicle here in North America... As such, proper parts and upgrades are going to be expensive because of the lack of a high number of vehicles to amortize development and manufacturing costs.

GDE tunes are recognized as being the most headache-free tuning upgrades because all of the homework has been done for you. GDE goes into more detail in their R&D than anyone else I know of. This is not a smear of Yeti tunes, as many people like them; but I think that you are going to have to do some homework and some other extra installation work to get exactly the kind of a tune you will want from Yeti if that is the route you want to go.

I am also unsure if Yeti's tunes come with matching transmission tunes to maximize power delivery to the wheels, while GDE does indeed have such tunes. WWDiesel or another member may be able to answer this question for you.

DO NOT make the mistake of performing cheap upgrades on your CRD; outside of the recommended Yeti tunes. These cheap upgrades will tend to cost you dearly down the road. I speak of the following...

1) The "In-hose thermostat valve upgrade".

2) The "Elephant Hose Modification" upgrade; use a Provent 200 catch can instead.

3) Installing an inline fuel lift pump, rather than a proper in-tank fuel lift pump.

Yes this might be so but we are dealing with a 13 year old uni-body vehicle here Just how much longer will GDE have any market left for them... especially the ones like mine in Canadian winters... no I will ask Yetti or if I am successful in the process of learning to alter the ecm myself. I have a copy of Titanium and vagedcsuite I am trying to figure out now.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:35 pm 

luk wrote:
Yes this might be so but we are dealing with a 13 year old uni-body vehicle here Just how much longer will GDE have any market left for them... especially the ones like mine in Canadian winters... no I will ask Yetti or if I am successful in the process of learning to alter the ecm myself. I have a copy of Titanium and vagedcsuite I am trying to figure out now.

The best of luck on your endeavors, it certainly is not an easy one.
I looked into it once an ended up going with a Yeti tune after I figured out it was much more complicated than I had anticipated.

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:56 am 
LOST Newbie

WWDiesel wrote:
luk wrote:

The best of luck on your endeavors, it certainly is not an easy one.
I looked into it once an ended up going with a Yeti tune after I figured out it was much more complicated than I had anticipated.

looking at the programs it doesn't' look too hard to figure out. I will likely just bump up the torque limits in the mid range rpm and deleate egr fcv. I will look at some of yeti's changes for guidance.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:09 am 
LOST Addict

You can still eliminate the EGR without any codes and very little cost see this topic for more ideas
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=86993

I looked at ID parts and sasquatch a few months ago after weeks no longer available and the metal machined piece to block off exhaust manifold to egr tube at Bango clamp was still available at least at ID but I don't see it now. That part isn't necessary just block off end or do it like I did. Many options.

Remember, though maybe not the most desirable you can just leave eEGR plugged up and get it out of the way and there will be no codes.

06 D Khaki Lim 126K wkII Eur TC
05 D khaki Lim 145k refurbishing
All CRDS: Fumoto, Lift , Fan Shroud mod, fuel head Gen II, SAMCOS,self TB, 2 Mic filt, Hayden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:26 pm 

This is the homemade EGR block off plate diagram with dimensions.
It can be made out of any sheet metal or even the lid from a soup or vegetable can. It needs to be at least 20 ga. or thicker.
The block off plate goes between the flange where the exhaust feed tube bolts to the EGR system.
Takes about 30 minutes or less to install it.

Link to detailed install instructions:> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=76576

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch