It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: U0146 - lost communication with Gateway
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:26 am 
LOST Member

thesameguy wrote:
Billybob wrote:
The 2006 CRD uses mainly a CAN bus but also some SCSI and PCI.

Help me out with this! Where is PCI and SCSI used in a Jeep? Those seem... inappropriate... for use in a car!

Check the 2006 Jeep Service Manual....it explains briefly where the various busses are used.

My 2002 Export CRD uses only PCI for which it is very hard/impossible to obtain a code reader.
I drove into a Bosch Service Center here in SA and asked them to scan my Bosch ECM for codes...they took one look at the ECM and shook their heads! :shock:

So I cannot clear codes and have to use the "key' method to read out codes....older codes seem to get cleared out after a while. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:26 am 
LOST Newbie

Well, back at it again. Finished teaching for the year, so maybe I might have a little time to look at this again.

So...limp mode. She's definitely in limp mode. I have an ELM327, just need to find an android app that works with it.

In the meantime.........I had a bit of a possible brainwave. The ABS/ESP/BAS lights were giving me trouble a while back. I hacked into the wires, and replaced the wires from under the rear passenger seat to the top of the rear axle. It may have started going into limp mode at approximately that time....would they be related?

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

So, getting back to this, it was a "broken" wire in the distribution center....I broke down and took it to a mechanic shop where they hunted for a few hours until they found it. Like searching for a needle in a haystack.....TCM harness was showing a ground, but only getting 6 volts, so they traced it back, searched some more and found it.

Now onto the next set of issues....keep goihttp://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB ... t=90069#ng until they are all solved. :mrgreen:

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP FROM EVERYONE HERE, REALLY APPRECIATED!!! :BANANA:

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 3:11 am 
LOST Member

dunl wrote:
So, getting back to this, it was a "broken" wire in the distribution center....I broke down and took it to a mechanic shop where they hunted for a few hours until they found it. Like searching for a needle in a haystack.....TCM harness was showing a ground, but only getting 6 volts, so they traced it back, searched some more and found it.

Now onto the next set of issues....keep goihttp://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB ... t=90069#ng until they are all solved. :mrgreen:

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP FROM EVERYONE HERE, REALLY APPRECIATED!!! :BANANA:

Great....glad it is fixed! :BANANA:

As these Jeeps get older I am seeing plenty posts related to wiring problems....the wires chafe through to chassis or another random wire somewhere! :cry:

I know my electronics but get a shiver down my spine when I see Bus problems.....a short at one end of the Bus can cause a problem at the other end! :(

My useless Dealers here in SA would never be able to trace a broken wire like you had. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 11:30 am 
LOST Newbie

Billybob wrote:

My useless Dealers here in SA would never be able to trace a broken wire like you had. :roll:

It was a 4 hour trace job, but well worth the money. I never would have found it myself....auto electrical has always been a bit of a black art to me.