It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jeeo JK CRD - Stereo swap - no volume control - amp issue
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:34 am 
LOST Newbie

Good day folks

Looked around, if there is already a topic with this problem, please direct me there. Otherwise, here we go

I have JK and JKU. Stereo on JK was Infinity with Nav System. JKU had stock basic sound sytstem with CD player. So swapped the stereos. At first (well had to get codes) everything works ok, must say.

Then I realised that Infinity had amp. Thus my sub was not working even after I plugged it in JKU (interestingly it had wiring)

So when I removed amp from JK and connected basic CD player to speakers directly, I can't control volume. It is at fixed high level.

Now, I know that stereo and amp communicate via CAN bus. And if stereo detects an amp, it just sends fixed audio signal (2 channels) to amp, and then it distributes between 8 speakers (Digital Sound Processing - DSP), volume etc is controlled via CAN bus. If stereo does not detect the amp, it just acts like normal stereo, and volume is controlled internally via knob and directly to speakers.

So:

- when I plugged the Nav system from JK (Infinity, with amp) to JKU (stock system) everyhting worked ok. As stereo did NOT detect an amp, and acted like normal head unit.

- when I plugged the CD player from JKU (basic setup) to JK (infinity system, with amp) it DID detect the amp and all system functioned ok too.

Here is the problem:

- I removed the amp from JK, and directly connected CD stereo to speakers bypassing the amp. And Im NOT ABLE TO CONTROL THE VOLUME, nor bass nor fade etc. Basically CD Stereo still thinks (why did it act normal, and went to fixed mode when it DID detect the amp??) there is an amp within the system, so sends fixed audio signal to the speakers.

What can I do to eliminate this? Does it need programming? Or there is no way around it, and I just have to plug the original infinity amp back?

Thanks in advance.