It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2006 CRD Normal Operating Temp?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:49 am 
LOST Member

acftmech wrote:
Hey all- my first post in LostJeeps- when we bought our 2005 Liberty CRD we had the same temp issue. It was running cold and apparently, the previous owner didn't bother to address it. I bought an OE Mopar from Sasquatch and now it is exactly where it should be running and I am really happy with it. Still working out the other kinks the previous owner didn't address- like the dreaded EGR valve, but, I'm liking the CRD so far! Have fun, drive safe!

I am running a Synthetic EGR (SEGR) which permits capping off the input to the EGR, removing the EGR, and removing the Flow control valve without throwing a CEL. Do get rid of the EGR. Consider installing a MANN oil/air separator from your CCV to clean up the intake.

Gen 2 Fuel Head
GDE Eco Tune
ARP studs
Etechno (7v) Glow Plugs
F37
Kap 193 thermostat
Carter Lift Pump (Modified wiring harness)
Fumoto (CRD-108)
Bypass oil filter (2 micron)
Samco
Provent
Sears P-1 Battery
Secondary 2 micron fuel filter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:07 pm 
LOST Addict

acftmech wrote:
Hey all- my first post in LostJeeps- when we bought our 2005 Liberty CRD we had the same temp issue. It was running cold and apparently, the previous owner didn't bother to address it. I bought an OE Mopar from Sasquatch and now it is exactly where it should be running and I am really happy with it. Still working out the other kinks the previous owner didn't address- like the dreaded EGR valve, but, I'm liking the CRD so far! Have fun, drive safe!

CORRECTION: You are running your engine at 176 degrees Fahrenheit, NOT at the correct temperature, which should be a little over 200 degrees Fahrenheit. The O.E. thermostats for North American market Liberty CRD vehicles have a valve in them with a lowered operating temperature to help the engine meet the Environmental Protection Agency's Oxides of Nitrogen emission standards. Liberty, (Cherokee), CRD vehicles in other markets around the world run a 195 degree Fahrenheit valve.

Even with a NEW fully functioning thermostat, your engine is not running hot enough to get a more complete combustion of the fuel/air mixture from your engine. You therefore are not getting all of the power and fuel economy the engine is capable of and you are contributing to the pollutants building up in your engine.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:07 pm 
LOST Member

I haven’t heard from Jeff since May this year still waiting for my thermostat. Has anyone?

My old second one, maybe lasted a year or so and started failing again. Isn’t huge deal but it doesn’t warm up fast and in winter under light loads cools off quite a bit down to 1/4 or so.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:50 pm 

jagster936 wrote:
I haven’t heard from Jeff since May this year still waiting for my thermostat. Has anyone?
My old second one, maybe lasted a year or so and started failing again. Isn’t huge deal but it doesn’t warm up fast and in winter under light loads cools off quite a bit down to 1/4 or so.
Thanks.

Contact DieselJeepLuvr on this forum for a less expensive alternative with a Hemi serviceable thermostat and hopefully you won't have to wait an eternity to obtain one. :lol:
use PM or email buttons on the bottom of his post: viewtopic.php?p=953884&sid=73fc2a8631104440e0a6eba06aa1c79a#p953884

You can also contact (PM) him over on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2553476 ... thermostat

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve