It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: P0700 and P0876
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi All,
My Jeep is throwing both P0700 and P0876 transmission codes. I am not having any shifting issues, everything seems fine but cannot get rid of these two codes. The transmission fluid and both filters has been changed 4 months ago. I am a little stumped, does anyone have any suggestions?

2006 Liberty CRD, 363,000 kms.

Post subject: Re: P0700 and P0876
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:59 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
P0876 will likely be the cause of the codes. Fluid Pressure Sensor malfunction is indicated.
Before digging into any transmission circuitry, try checking the simple things first.

Transmission fluid level should be at least up to the full hot level on the original dipstick, and preferably up to one quart over. The original dipsticks were marked for a longer tube than these have, so the fluid runs lower than it should be.

Get access to a scanner that can reset the codes, and see if they come back right away, and if so, do they come back in Park, Drive, Reverse, Neutral? If it's OK in park, try the others one at a time and see which position brings the DTC code back.

If you still have the issue, and have a way to get underneath and scout around, examine the wires / connectors and see if any are loose or disconnected. There are sensors on both sides of the transmission body. The pressure sensor is on the right side. The servo communication connector is larger and on the left side.

If the condition still exists, and you haven't found anything obvious, take it to a pro transmission shop. If you dig further than that and you aren't a professional yourself, you will likely end up there anyway and it will cost a lot more than if you take it there first.

P0700 is simply the TCM sending a request to the ECM to turn on the Malfunction Indicator Light (Check engine light).

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:07 pm 
LOST Member

I had struggled with the p0871 code. Replaced fluid, filters and solenoid pack and the problem still existed. I tried replacing the transmission line pressure sensor and it behaved so bizarrely that I was afraid to drive it. Switched back to the original sensor and decided to cut off the resistor I had installed years ago from a Transgo shift kit. I taped up the wires which I believe had been touching each other due to me not taping them up correctly from the resistor install years ago. I am happy to say that my problems have went away with the p0871 code. I would look for a resistor, if you haven't already, nearby the transmission pressure sensor and try removing it.

2006 Liberty CRD 275K, JBA 2.5 with Fox Shocks, GDE Turbo Kit, GDE TCM Tune, Suncoast TC, OEM fuel filter housing converted to fit Caterpillar Fuel Filter 1R-0749, OEM themostat housing modified to accept Hemi 203 F thermostat.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:24 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thank you both for the input, I greatly appreciate it. I did the simplest thing first, i added an extra quart to transmission above the max line, tried to reset the engine light but came right back on. Just for poops and giggles, i disconnected the negative battery terminal for 5 minutes and reconnected it. Then reset the codes and the CEL went away. I took it for a test drive approx 200 kms and it didnt come back on. I am thinking that maybe a wire got wet, it was very slushy that day. But if it ever comes back, i'll know where to start looking thanks you to guys :)