It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TPMS light on after Ignition switch actuator replaced
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:21 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hay all,

Checking to see if anyone has an idea on this.

So my ignition switch actuator went out, turned key and felt like something broke and Jeep would not crank over.

I replaced the actuator switch by watching a youtube video. Took two hours but I got it done and was able to get home.

On the way home my TPMS light on the dash started to flash for a few seconds every ten minutes or so. On my EVIC the pressure readings for all the tires were just dashes "--"

Every once in awhile I would get a tire reading but mostly just all dashes.

Ive tried to disconnect the battery to clear the tpms light. no go
I checked all the tire presssure to 35 psi. still no go even checked the spare tire pressure.
Drove over 30 minutes above 20 mph to reset the system. still no go
Took the Jeep to a tire shop and checked all tire sensors work and batteries are ok.

Went to Jeep dealership and got a printout of the sensors. Seems there is a control module by the key cylinder that gets the readings from the tires. I didnt mess with this when I did the ignition switch actuator but its in the same area I was working in. Could I have damaged this module?

The tpms light came on the first drive about ten minutes after I replaced the ignition switch actuator. Not sure exactly how I screwed up the tpms system but everything was working fine before I replaced the ignition switch actuator.

Anyone else run into this problem?

2006 Liberty Limited CRD with remote keyless entry.

Thanks for the help.

Post subject: Re: TPMS light on after Ignition switch actuator replaced
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:34 am 
LOST Addict

I have not had this problem or knowledge of it others may chime in this will bump it to the top. Billybob is usually pretty helpful on wiring /short issues etc. Just guessing it sounds like maybe a wire got shorted during the replacement.

I would like to know how to disable the tpms or at least keep it from displaying in the EVIC since I am not going to replace any sensors in one of mine and certainly not until I need tires anyway. The EVIC keeps defaulting to the TPMS reading . I haven't researched anything about doing this yet though.

06 D Khaki Lim 126K wkII Eur TC
05 D khaki Lim 145k refurbishing
All CRDS: Fumoto, Lift , Fan Shroud mod, fuel head Gen II, SAMCOS,self TB, 2 Mic filt, Hayden

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:52 pm 
LOST Junkie

TKB4 wrote:
I have not had this problem or knowledge of it others may chime in this will bump it to the top. Billybob is usually pretty helpful on wiring /short issues etc. Just guessing it sounds like maybe a wire got shorted during the replacement.

I would like to know how to disable the tpms or at least keep it from displaying in the EVIC since I am not going to replace any sensors in one of mine and certainly not until I need tires anyway. The EVIC keeps defaulting to the TPMS reading . I haven't researched anything about doing this yet though.
I disabled tpms in my 06 using a micropod clone. I think there is a thread about on here somewhere. Pretty sure you can do it with a DRBIII as well. It kept nagging me about low tire pressure even though all were good.

RUNNING B100
Pic of my Jeep!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:54 pm 
LOST Addict

thanks when I feel inspired I will search for it. At least now I know it can be done. I don't have a DRBII but I can probably use a friends at some point.

06 D Khaki Lim 126K wkII Eur TC
05 D khaki Lim 145k refurbishing
All CRDS: Fumoto, Lift , Fan Shroud mod, fuel head Gen II, SAMCOS,self TB, 2 Mic filt, Hayden