It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Selling my 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello All,

:JEEPIN: The details:

Why I'm selling- Moving to Florida and I cant afford to ship it, with all the other moving expenses :cry:
I don't want to sell it, and am not in a rush. I move in a few months, so have some time to take offers.

Owned for: 6 years. Has had 3 owners
Mileage: 174,000
Automatic Transmission
4x4 with locking diffs; Trail Rated
Condition: Good
Color: Red
Moon Roof
Some exterior scratches (only on the bumper) because, hell, its a Jeep. IDK what else I can say. Doors and other paint job is quite good for a 15 year old Jeep. No dents.
2.5 inch lift
Matte Black Aftermarket rims. They look good, IMHO.
Tires have plenty of tread left
Never been smoked in
Leather Interior, typical wear for 15 year old vehicle. Nothing major
Cabelas removable floor mats
Heated Seats

Routine maintenance has been kept up well throughout the life of this vehicle (oil changes, air filter, etc).
Last Fall I had a new torque converter installed due to an "engine shudder" going up steep hills. It did fix the shudder, all good to go now. This was the only issue I've ever had with the transmission components. Never had any issues with the engine throughout the lifetime of the vehicle. IMHO its bulletproof.
Tire wear is good. I have some nice all terrains that do well in the snow and adverse weather. Age: aprox 2 years.
Issues: I have a switch to start my vehicle that bypasses the starter. Starter has been tested and is fine, its just how I start her up. Likely an issue with the ignition, but haven't had time to investigate or swap out. Its been like this for 4 years, and I haven't had a single issue with it. I personally kept it like this because honestly I feel like it would be much harder to steal this way.
I've also been having some troubles with the heater and A/C. Not sure what the deal is with it, and haven't done much investigation. It does heat, just not as well as it used to. I did swap out the thermostat, so the one in there is factory Mopar and brand new.
Other than that, everything else is fully functional and quite pristine. Check out pictures for more details. Can take and send more if needed.

I wanted to state that throughout the lifetime of the vehicle, at gas stations and at random wherever, I have received numerous serious on the spot offers to buy this vehicle off of me, so many that I cant count them all. I just wanted to be honest, because I know this Jeep is just in demand here in the US. Its unique, and I absolutely would keep it if i could afford the transportation costs.

For these reasons, I am asking $6,000 OBO. I think this is reasonable with the current condition.

I dont know how to post pictures on this forum but I do have them, so if you are interested, let me know and I can email them.

Thanks, let me know if y'all have any questions.

-Michelle

Post subject: Re: Selling my 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

It's a shame that you can not keep it... But down here in the south it is not nearly as fun owning a Jeep... But down here in New Orleans I do get some looks now and then lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:21 pm 
LOST Addict

Sounds reasonable especially if you mean by bulletproof there may be some things not to be written on this forum. Helpful would be trim package Sport or Limited , when most recent timing belt done, type of torque converter, size tires and wheels, brand of lift ,any check engine lights codes if present.. To post pics easiest way is to host them on another site like Imgur which is free and then post link to here there are also other sites. The lockers are generally desirable but brand/type would be helpful too.

06 D Khaki Lim 126K wkII Eur TC
05 D khaki Lim 145k refurbishing
All CRDS: Fumoto, Lift , Fan Shroud mod, fuel head Gen II, SAMCOS,self TB, 2 Mic filt, Hayden

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:24 pm 
LOST Addict

Maybe when you get to Florida you can buy mine :wink: