It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Who is IDparts.com? Warning:rant
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:08 pm 
LOST Addict

Just my experience.

First there are generally 2 different fumoto valves sold for the CRD. One if the threads have never been stripped and a different one if the threads have already been stripped and then you need a drill bit and tap to provide threads for the larger fumoto valve (though many have done it other ways with spark plug inserts etc.).

I have ordered parts from them on numerous occasions over the last 10 years and have never had any problems and have spoke with them several times about their recommendations etc. and they have been very helpful.

Recently,I ordered several items including ARP s with head gaskets, exhaust manifold gasket, 8 exhaust valves , Tining Belt Kit. I wanted the Degraff metal impeller water pump as part of the TB kit but also had one on hand here but not the rest of the kit. Online it stated that the Degraff water pump was not in stock and that they held shipment till all parts in stock then shipped unless noted in a message to them. I called and specifically asked if they would ship everything but the pump now and they said sure and no extra shipping fee which was only $5 for the whole order. I got the correct order in 3 days to TN.

They have also been helpful in getting combo kits put together and in past weeks kits etc as well as silicone hoses and other improved parts and once found defective or poor quality stop offering those parts like some of the Crown products.

I realize it could be a misleading term but they may use as their standard
1. IN Stock
2. Out of Stock
3. Backordered
4. Available
5. Unavailiable

I don't know but it would be nice to clarify the Terms they use and what they mean .
Personally, if one thing says In Stock and a different item says Available I would think there is a difference.

Just now looking at their site they do use the words In Stock and Available for different items and Special Order for some too. I would assume the Available ones are still made and drop shipped from manufacturer but you are correct we shouldn't have to assume.

06 D Khaki Lim 126K wkII Eur TC
05 D khaki Lim 145k refurbishing
All CRDS: Fumoto, Lift , Fan Shroud mod, fuel head Gen II, SAMCOS,self TB, 2 Mic filt, Hayden

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:16 pm 

I would hope that most Jeep Liberty Diesel owners are very careful when criticizing some of the very few vendors who are still willing to provide parts to our very small niche vehicles. We don't have that many left out there!
Finding good quality replacement parts for these unique vehicles can be super challenging to say the least....even it it takes a little longer on the delivery end.
I do agree, vendors should at least list availability/lead time on their web sites when known.
In some cases supply chain lead time may not be always known to the end shipper unfortunately.
Our choices for "GO TO" suppliers are becoming less and less as the years go by..... :banghead:
Please be kind!
:2cents:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:07 pm 
LOST Member

turblediesel wrote:
You might have the right Fumoto. I believe the hole needs to be slightly enlarged and retapped with a slightly larger tap of the same pitch.

16.5mm drill and 18mm x 1.5 pitch tap.

I have lots of ID-parts and they have lots of my money, no problems.

The right fumoto relies on retapping the hole? Lol I’d call that not the right one then. It was a big difference. And the valve I had here randomly, screwed right in. It’s actually not fumoto it’s a similar product from a different company I think and it’s stainless with an o ring seal to the pan also, much superior lol. I dunno but i wouldn’t want to tap out my pan and again, that kind of info is DEFINITELY needed on the product page.

2005 limited, tinted, OME lift, falken wildpeak 245/75-16, Suncoast, Transgo, Chevy fan+clutch, 195° Kap Stat Mod, Derale tranny cooler, Provent, Stage 2 tune, EGRdelete, Cat delete, Group65 batt, V6 airbox, tow brakes, switchblade key, DIY roof rack, DIY Front bumper,
Future; rear bumper, true tracs, tank fuel pump, webasto heater, 5sp manual

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:14 pm 
LOST Newbie

Jett wrote:
turblediesel wrote:
You might have the right Fumoto. I believe the hole needs to be slightly enlarged and retapped with a slightly larger tap of the same pitch.

16.5mm drill and 18mm x 1.5 pitch tap.

I have lots of ID-parts and they have lots of my money, no problems.

The right fumoto relies on retapping the hole? Lol I’d call that not the right one then. It was a big difference. And the valve I had here randomly, screwed right in. It’s actually not fumoto it’s a similar product from a different company I think and it’s stainless with an o ring seal to the pan also, much superior lol. I dunno but i wouldn’t want to tap out my pan and again, that kind of info is DEFINITELY needed on the product page.

The right one for the factory pan is F102. Thread size PF 3/8. Maybe the most oddball thread size in a pan on these shores.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:08 pm 

gollygeemister wrote:
The right one for the factory pan is F102. Thread size PF 3/8. Maybe the most oddball thread size in a pan on these shores.

I can verify that the F102SX also works; this is the one that's installed on our CRD.

JBA Lifted A-Arms
IRO WJ Short Rear UCA/WWDiesel mount
Skid Row Skidplates
HDS Model 001 Thermostat (190°F)
Suncoast TC
Full Weeks Kit
Bosch 5V glow plugs
Hayden 2986 fan clutch / GM 11-blade fan
Samco / Sasquatch Intake Hoses
Carter in-tank pump
Provent 200
V6 Airbox

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:14 am 
LOST Member

casm wrote:
gollygeemister wrote:

I can verify that the F102SX also works; this is the one that's installed on our CRD.

Weird I must’ve gotten one mispackaged because it says f102S but it was much bigger diameter. Unless I somehow have a smaller drain plug.

2005 limited, tinted, OME lift, falken wildpeak 245/75-16, Suncoast, Transgo, Chevy fan+clutch, 195° Kap Stat Mod, Derale tranny cooler, Provent, Stage 2 tune, EGRdelete, Cat delete, Group65 batt, V6 airbox, tow brakes, switchblade key, DIY roof rack, DIY Front bumper,

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:17 am 
LOST Member

Jett wrote:
casm wrote:
gollygeemister wrote:

Weird I must’ve gotten one mispackaged because it says f102S but it was much bigger diameter. Unless I somehow have a smaller drain plug.

I have two CRD's. One the drain plug was 18mm (probably stripped and repaired previously). The other was stripped and loctited in. I replaced both with an 18mm Fumoto valve. I automatically order an 18mm for a CRD and tap it accordingly. Not sure if ID Parts stocks that or not. I think I got the last one direct from Fumoto.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:07 pm 
LOST Member

Jett - this is Corey, I'm one of the owners of IDParts.com. I've been on this forum since the day I purchased my 2004 Limited CRD.

I'm sorry that your order experience has been frustrating and that we've had to delay things beyond what you were initially promised. As another member posted, the entire supply chain for auto parts is a completely mess right now. The CRD stuff is especially problematic since we import most of our CRD items directly from VM Motori in Italy. As you might have read, Italy was shut down for months, and shipments that we had purchased, scheduled and counted on were never sent.

I'm working every day to fill in gaps in our inventory, but, if I'm honest it has stretched me (us) to the max keeping up. The item you ordered we never had an issue getting in the past, then, all of a sudden they're gone and we can't reorder. We're working hard to shorten lead times and keep our website updated, but we've fallen behind because of what is happening across the nation and world. We'll keep working on it and keep getting better.

I'm 100% committed to keeping our CRDs going. I have a really odd passion for rare diesel vehicles, and this KJ has a soft spot in my heart. You're welcome to PM me any time right here you need anything or have any questions.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:30 pm 
LOST Junkie

cevans wrote:
Jett - this is Corey, I'm one of the owners of IDParts.com. I've been on this forum since the day I purchased my 2004 Limited CRD.

I'm sorry that your order experience has been frustrating and that we've had to delay things beyond what you were initially promised. As another member posted, the entire supply chain for auto parts is a completely mess right now. The CRD stuff is especially problematic since we import most of our CRD items directly from VM Motori in Italy. As you might have read, Italy was shut down for months, and shipments that we had purchased, scheduled and counted on were never sent.

I'm working every day to fill in gaps in our inventory, but, if I'm honest it has stretched me (us) to the max keeping up. The item you ordered we never had an issue getting in the past, then, all of a sudden they're gone and we can't reorder. We're working hard to shorten lead times and keep our website updated, but we've fallen behind because of what is happening across the nation and world. We'll keep working on it and keep getting better.

I'm 100% committed to keeping our CRDs going. I have a really odd passion for rare diesel vehicles, and this KJ has a soft spot in my heart. You're welcome to PM me any time right here you need anything or have any questions.

Now Jett, how is that for customer service?
Bet you cant get that from a Jeep dealer!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:31 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
Corey, Peter, Justin, Rebecca, and the rest have my FULL support in any way that I can offer it, because they have never intentionally let me down. I can certainly understand the supply chain issues - if you have never tried ordering things from Italy, they NORMALLY take an entire month off for vacation in the summer, and it seems the entire COUNTRY does it all at the same time! This has obvious issues for suppliers around the world expecting their products - and the only thing to do sometimes is just wait, you WILL NOT be able to compel them to move when they have shut down.

The virus has just made all of that worse, and this was unfortunately a calamity of circumstances out of everyone's control. The information flow could have been better, but that has zapped me once in a while too. It's difficult when you are a "just in time" manufacturer / servicer and don't keep a back stock on hand (I don't) because of financial or storage reasons.

Now, about your oil pan... The factory CRD pan has a wide shoulder in the pan itself, and VERY thin / shallow threads. The factory drain plug has a taper at the base of the threads that is SUPPOSED to help seat a fiber or copper washer (I've seen both, I don't know which it originally came with) but what usually happens is that an oil change monkey tosses or loses that washer (maybe into the jug of waste oil by turning the plug upside down as they clear the flow?) and don't recognize / care that it's gone.... And when they screw it back in, that taper HITS THE THREADS before the plug seats against the pan. If they then try to tighten it down.... They rip out the threads in the pan. Seen it WAY TOO MANY TIMES.

Now... If the plug you extracted was not very fine threads (sorry I don't know the exact pitch but I'll trust the other member above), or somehow it looked like NPT or metric 1.0... Then your pan has already been molested. Is it possible that it had a collar or time-sert threaded in that made the hole smaller? I've done this on a couple CRDs and if you are careful, the results blend right into the pan and look factory. I usually use the spark plug kit which I found and shared with the group here, which is why many others have used the same kit. The resulting thread should be M14x1.5 IIRC - it's been a while, since it is a permanent repair and I also usually immediately install a Fumoto into it.

We are here to help. You can email me for assistance (button below) or email Corey - the board's PM notification function hasn't worked right in a long time so people MAY NOT get the alerts that there is a new private message. Just so you are aware that we are not ignoring anyone. I provide CRD specific mechanical services around the country - I'm the traveling CRD tech. I don't work for IDparts, I'm just a customer like you are. But if you need help with your CRD, that is why I'm on this board.

Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 125 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:47 pm 
LOST Member

geordi wrote:
Corey, Peter, Justin, Rebecca, and the rest have my FULL support in any way that I can offer it, because they have never intentionally let me down. I can certainly understand the supply chain issues - if you have never tried ordering things from Italy, they NORMALLY take an entire month off for vacation in the summer, and it seems the entire COUNTRY does it all at the same time! This has obvious issues for suppliers around the world expecting their products - and the only thing to do sometimes is just wait, you WILL NOT be able to compel them to move when they have shut down.

The virus has just made all of that worse, and this was unfortunately a calamity of circumstances out of everyone's control. The information flow could have been better, but that has zapped me once in a while too. It's difficult when you are a "just in time" manufacturer / servicer and don't keep a back stock on hand (I don't) because of financial or storage reasons.

Now, about your oil pan... The factory CRD pan has a wide shoulder in the pan itself, and VERY thin / shallow threads. The factory drain plug has a taper at the base of the threads that is SUPPOSED to help seat a fiber or copper washer (I've seen both, I don't know which it originally came with) but what usually happens is that an oil change monkey tosses or loses that washer (maybe into the jug of waste oil by turning the plug upside down as they clear the flow?) and don't recognize / care that it's gone.... And when they screw it back in, that taper HITS THE THREADS before the plug seats against the pan. If they then try to tighten it down.... They rip out the threads in the pan. Seen it WAY TOO MANY TIMES.

Now... If the plug you extracted was not very fine threads (sorry I don't know the exact pitch but I'll trust the other member above), or somehow it looked like NPT or metric 1.0... Then your pan has already been molested. Is it possible that it had a collar or time-sert threaded in that made the hole smaller? I've done this on a couple CRDs and if you are careful, the results blend right into the pan and look factory. I usually use the spark plug kit which I found and shared with the group here, which is why many others have used the same kit. The resulting thread should be M14x1.5 IIRC - it's been a while, since it is a permanent repair and I also usually immediately install a Fumoto into it.

We are here to help. You can email me for assistance (button below) or email Corey - the board's PM notification function hasn't worked right in a long time so people MAY NOT get the alerts that there is a new private message. Just so you are aware that we are not ignoring anyone. I provide CRD specific mechanical services around the country - I'm the traveling CRD tech. I don't work for IDparts, I'm just a customer like you are. But if you need help with your CRD, that is why I'm on this board.

Thanks for that. Yes I’m aware of Italian vacations and at this time I’m sure it’s all up in the air, but these parts were not engine parts. It’s all good I’m willing to be patient and I appreciate their confirmation on this channel, just would like to suggest more transparency that’s all, transparency is free and doesn’t depend on any third parties.
As to the drain plug issue, mine looks factory and it’s smaller that what is being suggested so maybe it has been thread inserted and fixed I don’t know. Maybe I’ll investigate later but honestly I don’t think it was.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:35 pm 
LOST Member

? Well they scored another point on my $hitlist! So when I gave up on the front pump and asked the to cancel that part of the order and just send the fluids and filters, they did. Except they never refunded the $ for the front pump. Laying in bed last night I suddenly thought maybe I should check and sure enough, 4 months later, they still had my $! A phone call cleared it up, but what if I’d forgotten? They seemed fine to hold on to my 575$. Man screw these guys.
BEWARE OF IDPARTS. ZERO STARS TWO THUMBS DOWN.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:42 pm 
LOST Member

cevans wrote:

Front pump in the tranny isn’t an Italian part dude. When were you going to give my money back? That’s a lot of cash to float your Italian vacation. I don’t think that’s acceptable business practice.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:42 pm 

Jett wrote:
cevans wrote:

Front pump in the tranny isn’t an Italian part dude. When were you going to give my money back? That’s a lot of cash to float your Italian vacation. I don’t think that’s acceptable business practice.

And this is not an acceptable way to resolve or even bring attention to a dispute with a 3rd-party vendor.

Jett wrote:
? Well they scored another point on my $hitlist! So when I gave up on the front pump and asked the to cancel that part of the order and just send the fluids and filters, they did. Except they never refunded the $ for the front pump. Laying in bed last night I suddenly thought maybe I should check and sure enough, 4 months later, they still had my $! A phone call cleared it up, but what if I’d forgotten? They seemed fine to hold on to my 575$. Man screw these guys.
BEWARE OF IDPARTS. ZERO STARS TWO THUMBS DOWN.

Please get yourself under control; these outbursts are becoming tiresome.

JBA Lifted A-Arms
IRO WJ Short Rear UCA/WWDiesel mount
Skid Row Skidplates
HDS Model 001 Thermostat (190°F)
Suncoast TC
Full Weeks Kit
Bosch 5V glow plugs
Hayden 2986 fan clutch / GM 11-blade fan
Samco / Sasquatch Intake Hoses
Carter in-tank pump
Provent 200
V6 Airbox