It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Who is IDparts.com? Warning:rant
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:07 pm 
LOST Member

I dunno who these people are but they do not seem to be a valid business and I’m afraid that I’m forced to warn others about them. They haven’t stolen from me yet but they seem to be millennial owned or something I’m not sure. They are friendly enough and seem keen to be helpful but they listed parts for sale that they don’t have in stock, strike one. Then they didn’t inform me that the parts would be late. Stroke two. They said the part was coming from mopar scheduled for 6/5 arrival to them and they could then send it out. Okay, I can be patient, irritated by the lack of communication as if my cars transmission isn’t a priority to me in my world so I’m of course able to wait as long as it takes to get in, okay. Except my calendar says that 6/5 was almost two weeks ago and ? So I asked them to at least send partial order which contained fumoto valve for oil, not the best price on it but with combined shipping and the peace of mind that it was the right size for the crd. I wanted this ASAP because I was needing to do an oil change and wanted to do this part swap at the same time, so I wrote them and they agreed to send it. Otherwise I’d have to wait 5000 miles to install the part which could take me a year at this rate. Well, it arrived and it’s the wrong thread size. Strikes three four five......So to be honest I don’t trust that they know anything about these parts that they did send and I also don’t know how long I’ll have to keep waiting for my transmission part but I sure need it soon?! This is just how businesses are conducted these days and it makes me scratch my head a little. Anyway I’m just ranting a little because I need to get this stuff done on my rig and they are being completely indifferent to how they provide service to their customers.
Something tells me that they will see this here and they might have their feelings hurt well let me also add that the webpage for the 545$ front pump has a big green sign that says “AVAILABLE” and makes no mention of special order, but when I got the partial order today the line for the front pump says “pump is a special order item” well guys, that’s not the same thing then is it?!

This may seem a little petty or I significant and it may be but I dunno, this isn’t how I would do business. Half a dozen irritations on the same order is to me, very frustrating and a big waste of my time. And as such I would NOT recommend IDPARTS.COM as a result.

2005 limited, tinted, OME lift, falken wildpeak 245/75-16, Suncoast, Transgo, Chevy fan+clutch, 195° Kap Stat Mod, Derale tranny cooler, Provent, Stage 2 tune, EGRdelete, Cat delete, Group65 batt, V6 airbox, tow brakes, switchblade key, DIY roof rack, DIY Front bumper,
Future; rear bumper, true tracs, tank fuel pump, webasto heater, 5sp manual

Post subject: Re: Who is IDparts.com? Warning:rant
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:29 pm 

Jett wrote:
I dunno who these people are but they do not seem to be a valid business and I’m afraid that I’m forced to warn others about them. They haven’t stolen from me yet but they seem to be millennial owned or something I’m not sure. They are friendly enough and seem keen to be helpful but they listed parts for sale that they don’t have in stock, strike one. Then they didn’t inform me that the parts would be late. Stroke two. They said the part was coming from mopar scheduled for 6/5 arrival to them and they could then send it out. Okay, I can be patient, irritated by the lack of communication as if my cars transmission isn’t a priority to me in my world so I’m of course able to wait as long as it takes to get in, okay. Except my calendar says that 6/5 was almost two weeks ago and ? So I asked them to at least send partial order which contained fumoto valve for oil, not the best price on it but with combined shipping and the peace of mind that it was the right size for the crd. I wanted this ASAP because I was needing to do an oil change and wanted to do this part swap at the same time, so I wrote them and they agreed to send it. Otherwise I’d have to wait 5000 miles to install the part which could take me a year at this rate. Well, it arrived and it’s the wrong thread size. Strikes three four five......So to be honest I don’t trust that they know anything about these parts that they did send and I also don’t know how long I’ll have to keep waiting for my transmission part but I sure need it soon?! This is just how businesses are conducted these days and it makes me scratch my head a little. Anyway I’m just ranting a little because I need to get this stuff done on my rig and they are being completely indifferent to how they provide service to their customers.
Something tells me that they will see this here and they might have their feelings hurt well let me also add that the webpage for the 545$ front pump has a big green sign that says “AVAILABLE” and makes no mention of special order, but when I got the partial order today the line for the front pump says “pump is a special order item” well guys, that’s not the same thing then is it?!

This may seem a little petty or I significant and it may be but I dunno, this isn’t how I would do business. Half a dozen irritations on the same order is to me, very frustrating and a big waste of my time. And as such I would NOT recommend IDPARTS.COM as a result.

In fairness to IDParts (and others), ordering anything right now is a crapshoot. Supply chains are completely arsed up due to pandemics and riots, and this may have impacted your order. Bear in mind that they don't keep 100% of their inventory in stock, and that a lot of things drop-ship (such as the front pump) to you from the supplier. And given that their upstream suppliers are also having similar problems, well... You get the idea.

Can't speak as to their customer service in this particular instance, but I will say that on the very few occasions I've had to call them, they've been helpful and generally clued-in as to what they sell and what's going on; when they haven't been, they've found out and actually called me back if necessary. Note that I'm not downplaying or ignoring the importance of getting your front pump: that's a pretty critical component. But right now it's safe to expect things to be kinda fluid while we're living in relative turmoil.

Full disclosure: I've been a customer of theirs for nearly 6 years on both the VW and Jeep sides; this even included buying my upgraded front tranny pump from them last year. In general, I've been happy with them. It's unfortunate that you had this experience; maybe giving them a call on Monday and checking in might be a good idea.

JBA Lifted A-Arms
IRO WJ Short Rear UCA/WWDiesel mount
Skid Row Skidplates
HDS Model 001 Thermostat (190°F)
Suncoast TC
Full Weeks Kit
Bosch 5V glow plugs
Hayden 2986 fan clutch / GM 11-blade fan
Samco / Sasquatch Intake Hoses
Carter in-tank pump
Provent 200
V6 Airbox

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:29 am 
LOST Member

I've bought a bunch of parts from them over the last several years and all has been good except for one minor issue. I was never in a hurry though and don't remember response time but so far all parts have been as advertised. My only issue was with the timing kit. I had it for a year before I used it and one of the idlers was bad. I contacted them and it had a one year warranty - which I was over so can't argue with that but the idler only had maybe 15 minutes of run time on it.

Like CASM stated, may be part of the supply chain disruption. I'd contact them with your issues and see what they have to say about it. Always best to give a business a chance, if they ignore you or write you off then you have another legitimate beef.

1998 XJ 4.0L, stock with 130,XXX miles

First Jeep: 1962 Willys CJ-3B

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:44 am 
LOST Member

krb wrote:
I've bought a bunch of parts from them over the last several years and all has been good except for one minor issue. I was never in a hurry though and don't remember response time but so far all parts have been as advertised. My only issue was with the timing kit. I had it for a year before I used it and one of the idlers was bad. I contacted them and it had a one year warranty - which I was over so can't argue with that but the idler only had maybe 15 minutes of run time on it.

Like CASM stated, may be part of the supply chain disruption. I'd contact them with your issues and see what they have to say about it. Always best to give a business a chance, if they ignore you or write you off then you have another legitimate beef.

I don’t mind supply issues or time but I want to be informed about it. And when the website states “available” that to me means “in stock” not “we will order it and then not tell you when it will come if ever” and it wasn’t just the one issue it’s was about a half dozen little ones. And for your problem, I think that’s wrong that they wouldn’t cover it, because if you used it 15min then they say no it’s out of warranty what they are essentially saying is that you’re a liar because a bearing doesn’t go bad sitting on a shelf.

2005 limited, tinted, OME lift, falken wildpeak 245/75-16, Suncoast, Transgo, Chevy fan+clutch, 195° Kap Stat Mod, Derale tranny cooler, Provent, Stage 2 tune, EGRdelete, Cat delete, Group65 batt, V6 airbox, tow brakes, switchblade key, DIY roof rack, DIY Front bumper,

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:45 am 
LOST Member

I may have unrealistically high expectations for today’s vendors. I can only know how I’d handle situations and expect that from others.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:14 pm 

Jett wrote:
I don’t mind supply issues or time but I want to be informed about it. And when the website states “available” that to me means “in stock” not “we will order it and then not tell you when it will come if ever”

Which isn't unreasonable, as expectations go. However, with drop-ship items (which, from ordering mine, I recall the front pump being), it's up to the supplier to maintain and inform of availability, not the vendor. It could easily be that the last time that IDParts had a front pump order, the supplier's availability was as stated. Then your order came in, and the supplier told IDParts that availability was currently spotty due to supply problems on their side. IDParts is now stuck in the middle because the supplier didn't inform them of this, so they had no way of knowing that this was the situation.

This is a part that I can't see flying off the shelves daily by the dozens, so it makes sense for them to have the supplier drop-ship rather than tie up capital and storage space for an item that may only be ordered every week or two on average.

Note that this is speculation on my behalf; I have no insight into IDParts' inner workings. But I have seen this sort of thing happen before with other companies, and it's not unreasonable to suspect that they may be having similar issues.

None of this is to defend or condemn IDParts or any other vendor, for that matter. I get that you had less-than-stellar experiences with them, and I've certainly been in the same boat with other companies. I also get that communication could likely have been better on their end once the delay was apparent. But they may not be directly at fault here, at least as far as supplying the pump goes.

JBA Lifted A-Arms
Skid Row Skidplates
Suncoast TC
Full Weeks Kit
Bosch 5V glow plugs
Carter in-tank pump
Provent 200
V6 Airbox

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:34 pm 
LOST Member

casm wrote:
Jett wrote:
I don’t mind supply issues or time but I want to be informed about it. And when the website states “available” that to me means “in stock” not “we will order it and then not tell you when it will come if ever”

Which isn't unreasonable, as expectations go. However, with drop-ship items (which, from ordering mine, I recall the front pump being), it's up to the supplier to maintain and inform of availability, not the vendor. It could easily be that the last time that IDParts had a front pump order, the supplier's availability was as stated. Then your order came in, and the supplier told IDParts that availability was currently spotty due to supply problems on their side. IDParts is now stuck in the middle because the supplier didn't inform them of this, so they had no way of knowing that this was the situation.

This is a part that I can't see flying off the shelves daily by the dozens, so it makes sense for them to have the supplier drop-ship rather than tie up capital and storage space for an item that may only be ordered every week or two on average.

Note that this is speculation on my behalf; I have no insight into IDParts' inner workings. But I have seen this sort of thing happen before with other companies, and it's not unreasonable to suspect that they may be having similar issues.

None of this is to defend or condemn IDParts or any other vendor, for that matter. I get that you had less-than-stellar experiences with them, and I've certainly been in the same boat with other companies. I also get that communication could likely have been better on their end once the delay was apparent. But they may not be directly at fault here, at least as far as supplying the pump goes.

So I’m being unrealistic to expect that if a store is selling something that they have it in stock? I consider the burden of inventory to be the compensation for product markup. I dunno, when I go shopping at a real store, they don’t order it from the factory lol. Or at least f they do, they inform me. Their webpage makes no mention of the fact that this is a drop ship item.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:37 pm 

Jett wrote:
So I’m being unrealistic to expect that if a store is selling something that they have it in stock?

I'm not going to go in circles on this one - it's already been covered in the drop-ship equation. More:

Quote:
I consider the burden of inventory to be the compensation for product markup.

The burden of inventory can sink a business that deals in incredibly niche vehicles.

Quote:
I dunno, when I go shopping at a real store, they don’t order it from the factory lol.

What you may do in person at a retail location doesn't apply in this case.

Quote:
Or at least f they do, they inform me. Their webpage makes no mention of the fact that this is a drop ship item.

My suggestion would be to let IDParts know that you'd appreciate them changing their policy as regards drop-ship items. I can't do anything about it.

JBA Lifted A-Arms
Skid Row Skidplates
Suncoast TC
Full Weeks Kit
Bosch 5V glow plugs
Carter in-tank pump
Provent 200
V6 Airbox

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:45 pm 

Jett wrote:
So I’m being unrealistic to expect that if a store is selling something that they have it in stock? I consider the burden of inventory to be the compensation for product markup. I dunno, when I go shopping at a real store, they don’t order it from the factory lol. Or at least f they do, they inform me. Their webpage makes no mention of the fact that this is a drop ship item.

I agree,
if an online vendor advertises an item or product on their web page and it is not available or has a long lead time, they should list that information or at least list the expected delivery date.
Web pages are managed by the sellers or owners of the the web site, and if they do a poor job of keeping listings up to date, it is simply poor management on their part...
No items should be advertised online as in stock and available for purchase when in reality it is not but it seems to happen more and more these days. Sad.... :banghead: :furious:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:35 am 
LOST Addict

When I'm in a pinch for a rush crd project ID parts has always amazed me with their quick shipping and large stock. I restore these jeeps for a living, and they've never let me down. I bet the plague has been tough on their supply chain, and who knows, maybe they've had some employees with the sniffles that had to stay home as a precaution, causing more problems. Basically, they have a great track record, but no business is perfect.

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:45 pm 
LOST Member

casm wrote:
Jett wrote:
So I’m being unrealistic to expect that if a store is selling something that they have it in stock?

I'm not going to go in circles on this one - it's already been covered in the drop-ship equation. More:

Quote:

The burden of inventory can sink a business that deals in incredibly niche vehicles.

Quote:
I dunno, when I go shopping at a real store, they don’t order it from the factory lol.

Quote:
Or at least f they do, they inform me. Their webpage makes no mention of the fact that this is a drop ship item.

My suggestion would be to let IDParts know that you'd appreciate them changing their policy as regards drop-ship items. I can't do anything about it.

Are you affiliated with I.D.Part ?

You seem to take the whole thing personally !

If you want my 2 cents, I think an item mark "IN STOCK" should be ready to ship.
If not the seller should inform the buyer if the item is actually not ready to ship before the transaction take place !!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:04 pm 
LOST Addict

Not sure if that last post was for me, but just in case, nope, not affiliated in any way.

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:42 pm 

PZKW108 wrote:

Beyond being a customer of theirs? No.

Quote:

Yes, deeply. Someone being dissatisfied with their service truly cuts me to the bone :roll:

JBA Lifted A-Arms
Skid Row Skidplates
Suncoast TC
Full Weeks Kit
Bosch 5V glow plugs
Carter in-tank pump
Provent 200
V6 Airbox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:38 pm 
LOST Junkie

Whats going on on you guys side of the pond?
You are all starting to sound like a bunch of 16 year old school girls! Millennials at their worst?
All this bitchiness is starting to get to be worse than the Nike & essay posts!
I have never had anything to do with ID (except getting their emails), They are a company that provides parts for our jeep. At this point in time we are lucky to have them still operating. Sounds like there has been a stuff up. crud happens from time to time.
The OP has said his bit & I hope it gets sorted.
:banghead:
:POPCORN:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:10 pm 
LOST Member

casm wrote:
PZKW108 wrote:

Quote:

Yes, deeply. Someone being dissatisfied with their service truly cuts me to the bone :roll:

Is it because is a vendor of this site ???

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:19 pm 
LOST Member

PZKW108 wrote:
casm wrote:
Jett wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If you want my 2 cents, I think an item mark "IN STOCK" should be ready to ship.
If not the seller should inform the buyer if the item is actually not ready to ship before the transaction take place !!!!

To be clear, it did t state the part was “in stock” it had a big green label that said “available” so, that’s left to your interpretation lol.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:28 pm 
LOST Member

layback40 wrote:
You are all starting to sound like a bunch of 16 year old school girls! Millennials at their worst?
I have never had anything to do with ID (except getting their emails), They are a company that provides parts for our jeep. At this point in time we are lucky to have them still operating. Sounds like there has been a stuff up. crud happens from time to time.

Lol, good one mate, bitching about a post thats about bitching is pretty funny isn’t it? Nice use of irony.
As far as my parts, I’m not too upset, my tyranny is holding together for the moment so I can afford to be a little extra patient. I’ll have to send the core back eventually so I can return the fumoto at that time and it won’t cost me extra shipping, so I’ll sleep fine. I just see this as one little example of the erosion of our global society and the way we treat each other as a culture. If trends continue then we will be thankful for poopy programming or getting any parts at all. We will pay fees to put the parts in, and fees when we don’t. It’s just different now. I’m 45 (gen X) and when I was young things were notably different in terms of customer service. It used to be the customer was very important, and was respected greatly. Now, not so much. But as long as it happens slowly and all the sellers stay in sync then we won’t be able to do anything about it. Me bitching about it certainly won’t stop this march, but I thought maybe if the owners of that store see this that they might realize they have room for improvement and ways to stand apart from that crowd.
Not all things are getting worse, just most lol.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:21 pm 
LOST Member

layback40 wrote:

lol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:05 am 

PZKW108 wrote:
casm wrote:
PZKW108 wrote:

Quote:

Is it because is a vendor of this site ???

Nope, I'm expressing my personal opinion.

JBA Lifted A-Arms
Skid Row Skidplates
Suncoast TC
Full Weeks Kit
Bosch 5V glow plugs
Carter in-tank pump
Provent 200
V6 Airbox

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:25 pm 
LOST Member

You might have the right Fumoto. I believe the hole needs to be slightly enlarged and retapped with a slightly larger tap of the same pitch.

16.5mm drill and 18mm x 1.5 pitch tap.

I have lots of ID-parts and they have lots of my money, no problems.

Last edited by turblediesel on Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.