It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: End of my good luck
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:27 am 
LOST Member

krb wrote:
Thanks for the update!

Did you have the timing cover on for the test run? My timing mark moved a tad after my test start.

You're getting there. Now's the "easy" part - as long as you remember where everything goes...

I haven't looked at the timing marks, and yes I'd say it's easier from here on out, but I'm already getting frustrated looking for my bags of labeled fasteners that seemed to have disappeared over the last several months.... :furious:

PS - two more tips, especially if you don't have a car lift. 1. I removed the passenger side tire to make it easier to get to the lower right side of the engine, and 2. have a small to medium sized child available to retrieve the continuous stream of nuts and bolts that you'll be dropping as you reassemble the exhaust and turbo systems... :SOMBRERO: Oh and one more thing, ARB bumbers are cool looking and awesome, but they are a PITA when working on the engine!!!

#1 2006 Silver CRD Limited, flipped spare tire, ASFIR skids, GDE TCM & Ecotune, blue SAMCOs, 5V glow plugs, Rotella T6, intank fuel pump, Gen2 fuel head, new crank sensor, JBA 2.5 in silver package, Provent and ARB bumper
#2 2006 Metallic Green Limited; currently DOA
#3 2005 Silver project; currently not running...don't judge me

Post subject: Re: End of my good luck
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:36 pm 
LOST Member

krb wrote:
Thanks for the update!

Did you have the timing cover on for the test run? My timing mark moved a tad after my test start.

You're getting there. Now's the "easy" part - as long as you remember where everything goes...

Dang, I can't believe I haven't been on here since last April! I don't remember about the timing belt cover, but I know that timing was not an issue. The biggest issue when finishing up the engine was that I kept seeing coolant on the ground (not much) but with the ASFIR skid plates it's hard to tell where it's coming from sometimes, and the coolant level was dropping a lot. In the end I found another cracked coolant spring clamp and one other coolant hoses screw clamp that needed tightened. The upper coolant hose always seems to be a problem so I put spring clamp and screw clamps on both ends and now there is no dripping!! The coolant seems to warm up quicker now and the 5V glow plugs with the 7V controller is really helping the low temp starting ability. The only thing I need to check is towing with a heavy load since it was getting hot when the coolant hose was still leaking. MPGs with the lift and larger tires is still in the low 20's.

#1 2006 Silver CRD Limited, flipped spare tire, ASFIR skids, GDE TCM & Ecotune, blue SAMCOs, 5V glow plugs, Rotella T6, intank fuel pump, Gen2 fuel head, new crank sensor, JBA 2.5 in silver package, Provent and ARB bumper
#2 2006 Metallic Green Limited; currently DOA
#3 2005 Silver project; currently not running...don't judge me