It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FS - Used Suncoast TC - $400
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

I recently had a strange thing happen... The bolts holding the flex plate to the torque converter loosened and sheared off, leaving me stranded. I tried drilling the bolts out of the TC, but I can't get em out, so I just bought a new one (and a new flex plate). The used Suncoast is now for sale for less than half price, including standard shipping anywhere in the US, $400

Provent
Suncoast TC
Weeks Stage 2
3.7 airbox
5v bosch glow plugs
3" RRO lift/JBA upper A-arms
Steel roof rails/rack
Toyo Open Country ATIII 245/75r16
RRO kicker sliders
ARB lockers
Beefier brakes
NEXT ON THE LIST...
ARB Front bumper
WAM rear bumper
Skid plates

Post subject: Re: FS - Used Suncoast TC - $400
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:52 pm 
LOST Junkie

You probably wont get much interest unless you include a pic or 2 showing the damage.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:40 pm 
LOST Addict

Happened to me too. And I know I used loctite on the bolts and torqued to spec. Yours is about the 10th one I have heard of happening, specifically with suncoast. I think the aluminum threads are to blame. I didn't put mine back in either. Went with Florida TC. If you have a suncoast you better be checking your bolts regularly.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:45 pm 

CATCRD wrote:
Happened to me too. And I know I used loctite on the bolts and torqued to spec. Yours is about the 10th one I have heard of happening, specifically with suncoast. I think the aluminum threads are to blame. I didn't put mine back in either. Went with Florida TC. If you have a suncoast you better be checking your bolts regularly.

Not true for everyone! Mine has had the SunCoast installed in 2013 (7 years ago) and have never had any problems or issues even when pulling 4-5k trailer loads. :D :D

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:02 pm 
LOST Addict

WWDiesel wrote:
CATCRD wrote:

Not true for everyone! Mine has had the SunCoast installed in 2013 (7 years ago) and have never had any problems or issues even when pulling 4-5k trailer loads. :D :D

Mine was in for 10 years. 2008 - 2018. Check your bolts.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:04 am 
LOST Member

Mine isn’t aluminum it looks like billet steel.

2005 limited, tinted, OME lift, falken wildpeak 245/75-16, Suncoast, Transgo, Chevy fan+clutch, 195° Kap Stat Mod, Derale tranny cooler, Provent, Stage 2 tune, EGRdelete, Cat delete, Group65 batt, V6 airbox, tow brakes, switchblade key, DIY roof rack, DIY Front bumper,
Future; rear bumper, true tracs, tank fuel pump, webasto heater, 5sp manual