It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Head gasket time
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:53 pm 
LOST Member

The 2.8 Colorado brings up a good point everybody keep this under your hat but it’s something I’ve known for a while when I went to class and saw it has the exact same roller rocker system and since people couldn’t keep the KJ rockers happy there’s gonna be a lot of Colorado’s going down in the hundred to 150 mark for failed rockers and most guys aren’t gonna know what the Hells going on just like they did with the KJ’s when the rockers failed I’m gonna make a few pennies on them when I flip them. They’ll fail for sure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:54 am 
LOST Addict

I had thought of exactly the same thing . I guess OK MINDS think alike LOL!!

06 D Khaki Lim 126K wkII Eur TC
05 D khaki Lim 145k refurbishing
All CRDS: Fumoto, Lift , Fan Shroud mod, fuel head Gen II, SAMCOS,self TB, 2 Mic filt, Hayden

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:57 am 
LOST Member

And let’s be honest how many of those guys are going to not do the timing belt... pick em up with broken timing belt and replace rockers and easy fix... many people don’t keep up with the maintenance so I see many missed timing belts... it’s amazing how many times a nice car like a bmw M car comes into my shop for diagnosis and it has a lube shop sticker on it we just had an Audi s6 and Subaru Forester xt like that... the big problem is the lube guys usually are not using the right oil and the usually don’t know what services are due and when so by the time a real mechanic gets to see it it’s due for 5k in past due maintenance... we see it all the time.... best advice to all no mater whether you are a DIY guy or no matter where you get you maintenance done, pick a skilled pro and take it once a year for an inspection or oil change to them so they can check the vehicle over, if you want to save coin and have valvoline do the other 2-4 oil changes that year ok but you need an experienced guy too see it at least once a year. Most commonly missed services include, brake flush due every 2 years or 24k miles, transmission service every 20-40k depending on vehicle and transmission, t case and differentials every 40k and the coolant flush every 5 years or 100k miles, timing belt every 7 years or 100k miles... ect... maintenance

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:52 pm 
LOST Junkie

PEOPLE! Keep this on the downlow... I've been hunting for a good deal on a compact pickup for years! :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:58 am 
LOST Newbie

timithyd, I had to replace my head gasket too. I found this sight and was amazed and still am with the information available. I zeroed in on Geordis postings in regards to the process of replacing the head gasket. Because of Geordi and others on this site and ID Parts my Liberty is running excellent. When I was unsure of exactly how to use the copper coat I was able to call Geordi and talk by phone. He was very helpful and I believe the service he provides to those that are unable to work on their Jeeps is worth every nickel. I used the arp studs because it is my understanding that tty bolts lose grip over time due to heat cycles/expansion/contraction. This is evidenced by the reduced torque it takes to remove some head bolts when the head is disassembled. I still need to upgrade fuel delivery and other things and am using this site exclusively to do so. That and I want to thank all those that contribute to this site.

In tank harness/fuel pump
Airtex rear bag, Fujimoto valve
Upgraded lifters, exhaust valves, fuel head
Florida torque converter, ID trans pump
Transgo shift kit, GM fan
2 micron filter, Bilstein shocks
Viscous heater delete

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:45 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
daytona701 wrote:
timithyd, I had to replace my head gasket too. I found this sight and was amazed and still am with the information available. I zeroed in on Geordis postings in regards to the process of replacing the head gasket. Because of Geordi and others on this site and ID Parts my Liberty is running excellent. When I was unsure of exactly how to use the copper coat I was able to call Geordi and talk by phone. He was very helpful and I believe the service he provides to those that are unable to work on their Jeeps is worth every nickel. I used the arp studs because it is my understanding that tty bolts lose grip over time due to heat cycles/expansion/contraction. This is evidenced by the reduced torque it takes to remove some head bolts when the head is disassembled. I still need to upgrade fuel delivery and other things and am using this site exclusively to do so. That and I want to thank all those that contribute to this site.

Much appreciate the kind words, I'm glad I was able to help you out. Thanks so much!

Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 125 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.