It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Detroit truetrac
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:15 am 
LOST Member

Rrusse11 wrote:
"TT in the front will be OK for a daily driver in the winter , because a lunchbox is not for sure !"

Lunchbox? I got the TT as the TrueTrac.
Cheers

Lunchbox is a funny name but it’s a mechanical locker, not an lsd like a true trac.

2005 limited, tinted, OME lift, falken wildpeak 245/75-16, Suncoast, Transgo, Chevy fan+clutch, 195° Kap Stat Mod, Derale tranny cooler, Provent, Stage 2 tune, EGRdelete, Cat delete, Group65 batt, V6 airbox, tow brakes, switchblade key, DIY roof rack, DIY Front bumper,
Future; rear bumper, true tracs, tank fuel pump, webasto heater, 5sp manual

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:41 am 
LOST Newbie

"Lunchbox is a funny name but it’s a mechanical locker, not an lsd like a true trac"

Thanks for the clarification Jett!

Post subject: Detroit truetrac
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:41 am 
LOST Member

A lunch box locker is something you drop in in place of the spider gears and you don’t have to remove the differential carrier to install one, one example would be the lock right locker, a lunch box locker is an inexpensive way to transform an open carrier to a locker, they are more budget friendly and simple to install. When used in the right application they work great, I use them to replace factory clutch style limited slip all the time.... I run a Detroit true track in the front and rear of my Jeep which is a torsion differential just likely the one in the transfer case that allows for full time 4wd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:37 pm 
LOST Member

My66dodge wrote:
A lunch box locker is something you drop in in place of the spider gears and you don’t have to remove the differential carrier to install one, one example would be the lock right locker, a lunch box locker is an inexpensive way to transform an open carrier to a locker, they are more budget friendly and simple to install. When used in the right application they work great, I use them to replace factory clutch style limited slip all the time.... I run a Detroit true track in the front and rear of my Jeep which is a torsion differential just likely the one in the transfer case that allows for full time 4wd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are called "torque-bias or torque-sensing differential" TrueTrac and Torsen are brand names !