It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Window regulators
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:47 pm 
LOST Newbie

Not a very sexy topic, I know, but My 2006 CRD has repeatedly broken the Front driver window regulator, which is plastic. I found a metal replacement part, but all the pictures I've seen show the window with a metal bracket pre-attached to it, which mine doesn't have, mine is just glass with a hole in it. Are there multiple window types? and thus regulators? When I opened up the door it looked like the shop tat fixed it last had jimmied the thing with various parts, including chunks of rubber hose. Now I have to replace the driver rear regulator too!
https://www.everydayautoparts.com/02-03 ... repair-kit

Post subject: Re: Window regulators
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

I've replaced both front and rear regulators, one rear window I've replaced twice. I found this site that has a metal replacement clip that can be installed in a stock regulator, and used it on the rear the second time I fixed it. It looks to be a fairly permanent fix.

http://www.steigerperformance.com/products/sp13001.html

2013 KTM 350 EXC
2003 KTM 200 EXC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:20 am 
LOST Member

There are two types of regulators used. I think they switched to the newer one around Feb 06. I have bought three of them, all from 1Aauto.com and had good luck - haven’t had to replace any of the replacements yet. Funny thing, the only one I haven’t replaced is the driver’s window, which gets used the most.

On their website, they tell you which one to get based on the manufacture date of your vehicle. They had a pretty good installation video too. I was surprised how easy it is to do, as long as you have the right part.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey there, folks. Sorry for reviving an old thread. I just need your advice on a car shade. It's getting hotter, so I'd like to keep the car cool inside.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:02 pm 

RexGlass wrote:
Hey there, folks. Sorry for reviving an old thread. I just need your advice on a car shade. It's getting hotter, so I'd like to keep the car cool inside.

Wade is a good brand available for Jeep Libertys; there are several other brands available online if you do a search. :google:
Westin and Weather Tech are a couple other well known brands available for 05 & 06 models.
It has been my experience that the "IN Channel" type tend to fit and function better and last longer vs the glue on/stick on the outside of the door type. :wink:
And the IN Channel type seem to have a cleaner more custom look to them! :D

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:07 am 
LOST Newbie

Hello there. I'm new to this forum and was scrolling through old posts when I came across this one. I'm using Snap Shades. They have a great product that could help you out. It's an exterior-mounted fabric shade that's super easy to install and provides great protection from the sun.