It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Finally selling my 2005 CRD 4WD, advice?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:09 pm 
LOST Newbie

I am the first and only only owner of a 2005 CRD 4WD. I am finally selling it as I am not mechanic like you guys and have to find parts and people to work on it and I now 72 and just too old to mess with it anymore...and I have done the old people thing and bought a new Subaru Forester. So it is time to let go...you all have helped me in the past..like this past summer when I had to find a new high line for my AC. So how do you suggest I find someone who would appreciate it and enjoy it and take care of it? It does have the EGR tune. I have changed the oil faithfully and taken the best care of it I knew how to do. It has been off road about 3-4 times.....and literally been driven a total of 130K miles in 15 years..literally owned by a little old lady who only drove it to the office!! What shoudl the price be and where should I sell it? Thanks to all of your help over the years...happy new year..mary

Post subject: Re: Finally selling my 2005 CRD 4WD, advice?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:57 pm 
LOST Addict

You could try listing it on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace but you have to be careful because there are a lot of scammers out there. Keep your guard up.

After my dad passed away earlier this year, my 79 year old mom sold the extra car to a local CarMax dealer and got much more for it than was expected.
And the whole process was very easy for her.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:12 pm 
LOST Member

Don’t get discouraged when selling it... when I use to flip them people were always trying to offer 1500-3000 and it was always insulting, I use to remind them it wasn’t a gasser so that was way out of the ballpark... with 100-150 they go for 7-10 and with 150-200 they go for 6-7, over 200k good luck getting more than 5k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:51 am 
LOST Member

Seems like you are off to a good start by letting folks here know. At least here they know what it is and appreciate it for what it is.

1998 XJ 4.0L, stock with 130,XXX miles

First Jeep: 1962 Willys CJ-3B

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:50 pm 

docgresh wrote:
Re: Finally selling my 2005 CRD 4WD

Location & pictures always helps. :wink:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:59 am 
LOST Newbie

Hell I just gave up on selling mine... Here in NOLA they just lowballed me and pissed me off... With a nearly new reman tranny and 90% of the suspension replaced as well as EGR delete, tune, Silicone CAC hoses (and absolutely no rust too) the prices they tossed me just pissed me off... After 2 months I have had enough... So I think with the next stimulus that should be enough for a new FTC TC, and the labor to install it as well as doing the U-joints on the drive shaft and the CV joint on the jackshaft. Also I really want to replace the steering system too as it's not bad but I just don't like the feel like it's just too loose for my likeing...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:39 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I bought mine new in 2006. Its such a unique vehicle I am never going to sell it. I am going to give it a new duty. A snowplow, a winch and some off road armor.