It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Feed Back on Mechanic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:08 pm 
LOST Newbie

https://tripleerepairpa.com/2005-2006-j ... rd-repair/

Anybody have any experience with this guy? He's about an hour and a half away from me. Well worth the drive if he's any good and knows what he's doing with a CRD.
Cheers!

Post subject: Re: Feed Back on Mechanic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:39 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
Rrusse11 wrote:

Anybody have any experience with this guy? He's about an hour and a half away from me. Well worth the drive if he's any good and knows what he's doing with a CRD.
Cheers!

I would ask him / them how many CRDs they have ever worked on, and how many valve job replacements they have replaced. I'm the traveling CRD tech and have worked on over 110 of them, and more than 40 complete teardowns for valve replacement. These are the ONLY vehicle I work on. I don't consider that things like diesel engines with timing belts or alignment pins are unusual for a diesel - or even most other modern engines nowadays. This engine however IS different in design from most other engines with the floating cams and how the timing is configured. Experience is important to a successful repair job. This engine (like most machines) has several design flaws that should be addressed - but thankfully, the list of flaws is pretty short. Upgrades that fix the design flaws are important for engine longevity. I'm both familiar with the installation of these upgrades, AND was a direct participant with the discovery and development for several of the solutions.

Email me at jeep [at] maincomputer [dotcom] for more info, I'd be happy to talk with you at length about your CRD. My goal is keeping all of these unique vehicles on the road as long as possible, they are amazing.

Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 125 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.

Post subject: Re: Feed Back on Mechanic
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:15 pm 
LOST Member

geordi wrote:
Rrusse11 wrote:

Cheers!

I would ask him / them how many CRDs they have ever worked on, and how many valve job replacements they have replaced. I'm the traveling CRD tech and have worked on over 110 of them, and more than 40 complete teardowns for valve replacement. These are the ONLY vehicle I work on. I don't consider that things like diesel engines with timing belts or alignment pins are unusual for a diesel - or even most other modern engines nowadays. This engine however IS different in design from most other engines with the floating cams and how the timing is configured. Experience is important to a successful repair job. This engine (like most machines) has several design flaws that should be addressed - but thankfully, the list of flaws is pretty short. Upgrades that fix the design flaws are important for engine longevity. I'm both familiar with the installation of these upgrades, AND was a direct participant with the discovery and development for several of the solutions.

Email me at jeep [at] maincomputer [dotcom] for more info, I'd be happy to talk with you at length about your CRD. My goal is keeping all of these unique vehicles on the road as long as possible, they are amazing.

Curb your self esteem !!!!!

Sound like you invented the R428 Bro !!!!!