It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tranny hell P0700 P0734 P0733
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

I posted a couple of other times, but decided to start a new one to consolidate and update. Got a rebuilt tranny 7 mos ago. After driving it for a few months and getting frustrated with shudders and stalling, I found the install shop did not have the gear to do the quick learn, so I took it to someone else and had that done. A few weeks later it started over-revving and threw a P0700 code with no other details. I checked the fluid and found it was low by 3.5 qt, topped it off (did not overfill, btw), it stopped slipping and light went off. Drove fine for a couple weeks, then out of the blue it started over-revving again and threw P0700 P0733 and P0734, fluid still full. I took it to a tranny shop, he dropped the pan and the oil is clean, he thinks it is a bad solenoid pack, but I am wondering if it could be a clutch issue or some other part. I never smelt burning clutch, but I don't know much about auto trannies. To complicate matters more, about 5 years ago I had someone patch up the wiring harness because the trans wouldn't shift to high gear, which was a successful fix. The electrical guy doubted the harness issue based on the codes and slippage. Argh, anyone have a definitive test or perspective?

Post subject: Re: Tranny hell P0700 P0734 P0733
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:34 am 
LOST Addict

1. when is this slipping happening? While cruising at a steady speed? When accelerating? When decelerating?

2. try driving with OD-off. That will help isolate the problem to gears 1, 2, 3, or 4, 5.

3. the first repair attempt I would try is replacing the transmission input and output speed sensors.

Post subject: Re: Tranny hell P0700 P0734 P0733
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:04 am 
LOST Newbie

flash7210 wrote:
1. when is this slipping happening? While cruising at a steady speed? When accelerating? When decelerating?

2. try driving with OD-off. That will help isolate the problem to gears 1, 2, 3, or 4, 5.

3. the first repair attempt I would try is replacing the transmission input and output speed sensors.

Slippage seems to happen on accelerating, it cruises okay. Also, would the sensor issue cause slippage, or just the codes? Right now she it at the shop on the rack with the pan off, so it would be a commitment to swap the sensors and test it.