It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Transmission rebuild
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:13 pm 
LOST Newbie

My Liberty came out of the transmission shop today. Bought the low stall torque converter from Florida Torque converter, upgraded front pump and seals from ID Parts and the Transgo shift kit from EBay. The technicians rebuilt the entire transmission since they were so far into it. Drove about 50 miles with two full throttle runs. The torque converter doesn’t flash and acceleration and gear shifts are smooth. The technician told me they reprogrammed something and I didn’t understand if he was referring to the shift kit or the transmission module. The ac fan was changing speed without input at first but than ran normally after a while.
The next job will be installing the Airtex pump in the tank. I need a 2005 fuel tank harness that I can modify to work. I also need a new tailgate because I backed into a telephone pole that’s in a friends driveway.

In tank harness/fuel pump
Airtex rear bag, Fujimoto valve
Upgraded lifters, exhaust valves, fuel head
Florida torque converter, ID trans pump
Transgo shift kit, GM fan
2 micron filter, Bilstein shocks
Viscous heater delete

Post subject: Re: Transmission rebuild
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:22 pm 

daytona701 wrote:
My Liberty came out of the transmission shop today. Bought the low stall torque converter from Florida Torque converter, upgraded front pump and seals from ID Parts and the Transgo shift kit from EBay. The technicians rebuilt the entire transmission since they were so far into it. Drove about 50 miles with two full throttle runs. The torque converter doesn’t flash and acceleration and gear shifts are smooth. The technician told me they reprogrammed something and I didn’t understand if he was referring to the shift kit or the transmission module. The ac fan was changing speed without input at first but than ran normally after a while.
The next job will be installing the Airtex pump in the tank. I need a 2005 fuel tank harness that I can modify to work. I also need a new tailgate because I backed into a telephone pole that’s in a friends driveway.

You can simply add the two wires to your factory harness from the connector under the rear seat to the connector on top of the fuel tank module.
That is what I did, it was not hard and cost was less than 10 bucks for the connectors from Mouser Electronics. I already had the wire in stock.

See this web page for how to:> http://www.auerbach.ca/kj/lift_pump/default.html
(Note: APEX part numbers have changed since this web page was published)

Wire Terminals: APEX 2.8MM
male, 14-16 gauge wire
female, 14-16 gauge wire
https://www.mouser.com/Connectors/Autom ... bwZ1z1414h

Or you can get the wiring harness out of a gasser in a boneyard and rewire the gassers connector that goes under the rear seat to match your Jeep CRD. :wink:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve