It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: CRD prices are insane - as all used vehicles...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:46 pm 

thermorex wrote:
I think we should look into buying at least the FCM (for 2005) and ECM, not sure if TCM will be hard to get being for a 545 rfe, but I would get all of them. I got an ebay FCM, will be looking for TCM and ECM. I also know there is a BCM, is this correct? And/or, is there any other computer that we should look for? I am trying to get a list of "todos" and get what I need before I need it...

WWDiesel wrote:
FYI,
    2005 Jeep Liberty CRD Module List:
    Front Control Module (FCM) -- 56044599AF (No longer available from Mopar)
    Body Control Module (BCM) -- 5142220AC (No longer available from Mopar)
    Engine Control Module (ECM) – 56046363AF or R6046363AJ (Both part numbers still available from Mopar, but VERY pricey)
    Transmission Control Module (TCM) -- 56044737AB (No longer available from Mopar)

Best bet would be eBay or boneyard, or find someone on one or the forums who is paring out a 2005 Jeep CRD. :wink:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:44 pm 
LOST Addict

WWDiesel wrote:
thermorex wrote:
I think we should look into buying at least the FCM (for 2005) and ECM, not sure if TCM will be hard to get being for a 545 rfe, but I would get all of them. I got an ebay FCM, will be looking for TCM and ECM. I also know there is a BCM, is this correct? And/or, is there any other computer that we should look for? I am trying to get a list of "todos" and get what I need before I need it...

WWDiesel wrote:
FYI,
    2005 Jeep Liberty CRD Module List:
    Front Control Module (FCM) -- 56044599AF (No longer available from Mopar)
    Body Control Module (BCM) -- 5142220AC (No longer available from Mopar)
    Engine Control Module (ECM) – 56046363AF or R6046363AJ (Both part numbers still available from Mopar, but VERY pricey)
    Transmission Control Module (TCM) -- 56044737AB (No longer available from Mopar)

Best bet would be eBay or boneyard, or find someone on one or the forums who is paring out a 2005 Jeep CRD. :wink:

Hey WW, would you happen to know, let's say I get a used 56046363AF from ebay, like this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254552919966

Can we program it, using one of the Yeti tunes or GDE (GDE comes with the programming tool, and I am thinking it could be possible if we can write the VIN # in the new ECM)? Or is this doable only with a DRB3? I am asking bc there are numerous "expensive" scan tools that allow VIN programing - so we may not be limited to just a CRD ECM.

Thanks for the part #s!

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:01 pm 

thermorex wrote:
Can we program it, using one of the Yeti tunes or GDE (GDE comes with the programming tool, and I am thinking it could be possible if we can write the VIN # in the new ECM)? Or is this doable only with a DRB3? I am asking bc there are numerous "expensive" scan tools that allow VIN programing - so we may not be limited to just a CRD ECM.
Thanks for the part #s!

My understanding is the front control module is unique to the 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD only.
As far as reprograming one, you would have to ask one of the experts in this field like Yeti.
I do not think there is any VIN number associated with the Front Control Module, only the ECM.
The Front Control Module is basically "Plug and Play" as it is only a gateway for information to be passed from certain sensors to the the ECM via the CAN Buss. The ECM is a whole other story...

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:20 am 
LOST Addict

WWDiesel wrote:
thermorex wrote:
Thanks for the part #s!

My understanding is the front control module is unique to the 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD only.
As far as reprograming one, you would have to ask one of the experts in this field like Yeti.
I do not think there is any VIN number associated with the Front Control Module, only the ECM.
The Front Control Module is basically "Plug and Play" as it is only a gateway for information to be passed from certain sensors to the the ECM via the CAN Buss. The ECM is a whole other story...

Sorry for misunderstanding, I meant program ECM, TCM and/or BCM. I know, also from you, that FCM is not programable, I believe you quoted the FSM. So the question is if any of the 3 (TCM/BCM/ECM) can be programmed to work on a specific jeep via a non-DRB3 scan tool.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:55 pm 
LOST Member

I am taking an 05 CRD motor out for a swap. I will have the BCM if you want it. Free, just pay for the ride. Let me know. I have sourced a couple Front modules for spares. And plan on finding a ECM. As my daily is an 05 also. And my toy will soon be.

Suncoast torque converter
Sasquatch turbo
Cummins lift pump
HDS 001 stat housing w/190 thermostat
Trans temp, egt, ultra gauge gauges
email 84landcruiser(at)gmail(dot)com