It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Transmission problems
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi all, rebuilt transmission with Florida low stall torque converter. Have 2 problems. First 2/3 up shift and 2/3 down shift was causing transmission to lockup while shifting between those gears. Second is dtc P0700 transmission control system and P0605 power train control module (rom error). About 4000 miles ago had the same dtc and diagnosis led to change the power train control module (tcm). If new diagnosis leads to tcm replacement I’m wondering if there’s a problem in the wiring harness/transmission components that is causing the issue. The Liberty is going back to the transmission shop that did the rebuild to run diagnostics. At the same time the original tcm is going to Module Experts in Florida to be tested and fixed if possible. Any and all opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

In tank harness/fuel pump
Airtex rear bag, Fujimoto valve
Upgraded lifters, exhaust valves, fuel head
Florida torque converter, ID trans pump
Transgo shift kit, GM fan
2 micron filter, Bilstein shocks
Viscous heater delete

Post subject: Re: Transmission problems
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

Module Experts in Florida was unable to repair original Powertrain Control Module (TCM) and didn’t report on condition/cause of failure. Transmission is rebuilt with new upgraded pump, Transgo shift kit and low stall Florida Torque Converter by a Magic City Transmissions in Bogalusa, Louisiana. Transmission started shifting hard for a short while then went into limp mode in third gear. Pulled dtc P0700 and P0605 which indicated second TCM was bad. Read thread on this forum titled Ram Transmission Control Module (TCM) Users and Results and found suggested part #56029053AD TCM. Local wrecking yard had one in stock for $40. Installed and followed directions in thread. Transmission delays shift into second and third from 2200 to 2600 depending on throttle input. Fourth and fifth shift perfectly in the torque band for this engine in my opinion. At 62 years old I press the throttle with my toe as opposed to stomping the pedal like when I was a teenager. TCM is learning with shifts hard at first then easier. It’s fun to modulate the shifts when you want with your tow. Haven’t tried to engage downshifts yet. I’m wondering how this combination would work with Marco’s full torque tune? Any and all comments are greatly appreciated.

In tank harness/fuel pump
Airtex rear bag, Fujimoto valve
Upgraded lifters, exhaust valves, fuel head
Florida torque converter, ID trans pump
Transgo shift kit, GM fan
2 micron filter, Bilstein shocks
Viscous heater delete