It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Well I sold the CRD Never thought I would.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:56 pm 
LOST Newbie

It was a great run. Bought brand new in 2005 and put 300k miles on it. I remember it sitting over a year when it had 120k on it we were afraid to drive it, afraid of the timing belt letting go. Spent a year looking for someone to work on it finally got the courage bought the tools and did the belt my self. Drive it another 80k until it lost 4 roller rockers. So again did the timing belt, water pump, all lifters, and the tensioners. It was a fun vehicle to drive. Fun to have gas station attendants run out and shut pumps off for putting the wrong gas in lol. So may told my wife to make sure and have your husband listen to it when she got home before it blows up.

Over the years replaced.

Turbo 60k
Intercooler Hoses 90k (Samco)
Timing belt 120k
EGR and FCV once at 130k (then unplugged MAF)
OME lift at 150k
Lifters, timing belt, water pump, ARP studs 195k

Oil change running Mobile 0w-40 first 90k then swapped to Rotella T6 also added a Fumuto Drain Valve.

After all the love, all the adventure what finally did it in for me was the rust. I could not handle the wind noise going down the road. I decided to let someone else have a turn with her. I will miss it. I have received a lot of help from this forum not often contributing except many of you have used my timing tools through the years. A service I was so glad to provide after looking so hard to find someone else that would. I still come back every so often and just look read and learn. I wanted to thank each of you for the help and wish you the best with the ones that are still keeping them running.

Lastly I do have a complete 4 case set of the Miller 9599 tools if anyone is interested make me an offer it would love for them to go to someone with the passion and possibly someone that would let others use them as I have. Located in Allen Nebraska but could arrange shipping or meet etc somewhere somehow.

Thanks all and keep em running.

Timing Tool Current Wait List https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jvg_433Tfencao2HWJE3jXYB8Kk_myAtXJhmNNevqnw/edit

Timing Tool Rental FAQ https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UP7CTZ4WZCnj1HlTvpFTX2WfvhauaTwLqghNKhfjI0o/edit

Post subject: Re: Well I sold the CRD Never thought I would.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:50 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sorry your leaving the fold. You got a lot out of your little tractor. Cheers and see you down the road.

Post subject: Re: Well I sold the CRD Never thought I would.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:24 pm 
LOST Addict

Kinda like me letting my children take theirs when they left home. All 3 got a crd when they started driving and signed title over when they graduated college . 2 have over 250K one about 200k and 2 just under 180K. I miss them all. I am not sure when they come home if I Like seeing the CRD s more or the kids LOL !!

06 D Khaki Lim 126K wkII Eur TC
05 D khaki Lim 145k refurbishing
All CRDS: Fumoto, Lift , Fan Shroud mod, fuel head Gen II, SAMCOS,self TB, 2 Mic filt, Hayden