It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Block off plate mod?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:41 pm 
LOST Member

Does anyone remember what the mod is where you block off a return line down by the side of the engine block, near the rear , oil pan (maybe?) with a little hand cut steel "shim" block off plate with two bolt holes in it?

I think way back in the day before the turbo blew I might have accidentally blocked off the oil return line for the turbo - hence why it failed.

Or am I thinking of another mod on the CRD's?

2005 Jeep Liberty CRD 271'000+ KM's, ORM, Muffler Delete, MOROSO oil/air separator unit, 1000 CA battery, ARB Bull bumper, OME coils/shocks 2" lift. Custom BushRoo roof rack & Bush Joey hitch rack. Mobil1-301 oil filter & Mobil 1 DELVAC ESP 0W40 Full Synthetic oil, custom rear hatch cargo rack. RACOR 245 filterhead

Post subject: Re: Block off plate mod?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:46 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well I've seen the EGR exhaust block off done two ways. A block off plate on the passenger side exhaust header near the firewall or a exhaust tube block off plate that was installed in the tube that runs from the passenger side exhaust header to the drivers side.

If you blocked off the return line entrance to the block, you would notice a big puddle of oil under the Jeep and have to fill up with oil every time you filled up with fuel.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:19 pm 
LOST Member

I think it was the tube on the drivers side , down low near the back. I'll have to get photos when I have time and can crawl under the engine. It's been so long since I've worked in this thing I can't remember everything

( Never noticed any pools of oil until after the turbo blew , my parking stall was always spotless - until I parked the vehicle after the turbo went and started it weekly for a few minutes over the years to keep the fluids circulated) ***yes I topped up the oil every parked start due to it leaking from the turbo seals***

2005 Jeep Liberty CRD 271'000+ KM's, ORM, Muffler Delete, MOROSO oil/air separator unit, 1000 CA battery, ARB Bull bumper, OME coils/shocks 2" lift. Custom BushRoo roof rack & Bush Joey hitch rack. Mobil1-301 oil filter & Mobil 1 DELVAC ESP 0W40 Full Synthetic oil, custom rear hatch cargo rack. RACOR 245 filterhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:22 am 
LOST Member

Bushman5 wrote:
Does anyone remember what the mod is where you block off a return line down by the side of the engine block, near the rear , oil pan (maybe?) with a little hand cut steel "shim" block off plate with two bolt holes in it?

I think way back in the day before the turbo blew I might have accidentally blocked off the oil return line for the turbo - hence why it failed.

Or am I thinking of another mod on the CRD's?

You mean this one: Image

2006 Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat
2006 Midnight Blue Pearlcoat
2006 Gold Limited
2015 Black Ecodiesel
2015 Black Ecodiesel 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:25 pm 
LOST Member

Yes . But mine was blocked off on the rear side of the engine, by the oil pan .

Not the front like you photo shows.

Block off plate fits both locations apparently

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:14 pm 
LOST Member

The blockoff location circled in red IS the rear of the engine (drivers side).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:20 pm 
LOST Junkie

DieselJeepLuvr wrote:

This is the best place. A simple piece of tin can (canned fruit etc) fits well. Mine is a small disk. Once in place it cant be seen.
I have also blocked off the inlet connection on the inlet elbow. Again, using a piece of tin can.
Its only sealed on the inlet side so its not a sealed cavity.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:42 pm 

layback40 wrote:
DieselJeepLuvr wrote:

This is the best place. A simple piece of tin can (canned fruit etc) fits well. Mine is a small disk. Once in place it cant be seen.
I have also blocked off the inlet connection on the inlet elbow. Again, using a piece of tin can.
Its only sealed on the inlet side so its not a sealed cavity.
:BANANA:

Another perspective:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch