It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: EGR Delete
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:03 am 
LOST Member

What about the FCV, does this delete it? Maybe that is the difference in the other kit. I remember I think in the VW I kept the valve or something.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:41 am 
LOST Member

Kory said they do not offer the block off plates they are getting away from that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:23 am 

jagster936 wrote:
What about the FCV, does this delete it? Maybe that is the difference in the other kit. I remember I think in the VW I kept the valve or something.

Yes, it eliminates the FCV totally!
As to the exhaust feed if you don't have the machined plug; simply remove the metal tube that feeds the egr valve, cut it off, flatten the end with a hammer, fold it over on to itself and flatten/crimp it. Then put it back on the end of the exhaust manifold.

All of these parts are eliminated with a kit!!!

Two piece type shown installed:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:24 pm 
LOST Member

Wow thanks for the advice and nice pics! I appreciate it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:10 am 
LOST Member

This kit will still throw a code though correct? The plug still has nothing to plug into right?

1998 XJ 4.0L, stock with 130,XXX miles

First Jeep: 1962 Willys CJ-3B

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:16 pm 

krb wrote:
This kit will still throw a code though correct? The plug still has nothing to plug into right?

True, if you remove the EGR & FCV parts and disconnect their electrical connections, it will set DTC's (diagnostic trouble code/check engine light) for both.
What most owners do is install a tune (reflash) that includes the deletion (0 out) of the code for these devices so you don't have a check engine light when you do a total delete.
There are some free DIY tunes available on this forum for some of the most common software versions that has been shared by others. > viewtopic.php?f=98&t=78418
It requires the use of an MPPS cable and a laptop computer to identify which software version you have and to reflash the ECM with the correct updated software version.

If your software version is NOT listed, you can reach out to Marco Giacomelli aka "Yeti" on this forum or over on FaceBook Jeep CRD group for a custom tune to delete the EGR & FCV code in the software. He can also provide you with additional HP & torque if you desire when he builds your custom tune.
Yeti ChipTuning di Giacomelli Marco

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:39 pm 
LOST Member

Yea I had a GDE eco tune I think. I reached out to them to ask few questions regarding codes and they totally useless scared to say anything. What a disappointment.

Worst comes to worse I retune it yea.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:11 am 
LOST Member

Thanks WW.
Is there a way to contact Yeti outside FB? I've wanted to for a while but I'm not on social media and can barely navigate a forum on the computer (but I can rebuild an engine!). I'm afraid to try a tune myself for FUBARing it totally.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:03 pm 

krb wrote:
Thanks WW.
Is there a way to contact Yeti outside FB? I've wanted to for a while but I'm not on social media and can barely navigate a forum on the computer (but I can rebuild an engine!). I'm afraid to try a tune myself for FUBARing it totally.

Sent you an email with contact information.
You can also use the message and email buttons on the bottom of one of his posts on this forum to contact him.
See this:> viewtopic.php?p=949483#p949483
or
Click on this:> https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:47 am 
LOST Member

Many Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:47 pm 
LOST Newbie

I talked to my mechanic who is smog certified, great great guy, but he hasn't done this particular delete before. thinks it might be a few hrs of work. but he's convinced that we should smog it first. problem is i manually disabled the valve inside the fcv (it was stuck shut when i bought the vehicle) and he says we should replace the fcv, hopefully that makes the CEL go off, smog it, then do the delete, then every 2 years un-delete, smog, delete, repeat. it's gonna cost me way more to do it that way once and long term. problem is he thinks even with the tune, it's going to fail smog because they're getting more sophisticated with the smog test in CA. I'm wondering if anyone has recently passed smog in CA with a egr delete/tune and/or if anyone has insight as to whether or not to replace the fcv to pass smog.

Lastly, I can't find the kit online besides the chinese link aforementioned. curious if that was legit and if not, does someone have a kit they'd sell me?

thanks so much

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:17 pm 

I don't live in a test area, so maybe some that do can offer you better advice.

My thoughts,
If they don't perform a tailpipe sniffer test, it should pass as long as you have it tuned that rem's out (0) any DTC's due to having no functional FCV or EGR valve.

Marco, aka "Yeti" on this forum can help you with custom tunes or if you have the right software number, there are some free DIY EGR/FCV delete tunes available for download on this forum.
See this:> DIY ECU Flash
or contact Yeti (PM or email using buttons on bottom of one of his posts)
You can also contact him over on FaceBook:> Yeti ChipTuning di Giacomelli Marco

If you are worried about visual inspections, leaving the FCV in place with no butterfly plate in it along with leaving the EGR valve in place with the exhaust feed tube blanked off; visually it would all look perfectly intact and functional. Only a tailpipe sniffer would be able to tell otherwise.
If you install one of the full delete "Kits", most inspectors would probably fail it on a visual with parts missing.

Some owners on here have also reported that running biodiesel in their vehicle for a few days prior to inspection helps things.
Again one of them would have to comment on that as there are NO biodiesel fuel available anywhere near my location so I have never run the stuff.

:SOMBRERO:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:14 pm 
LOST Newbie

Something I've been wondering is if the block off plates effectively delete the egr, why do we bother with the kits? Seems way easier to just leave the parts in place than replace them. Aesthetics?

Also I do have the gde tuner, it came with the vehicle (had a hot tune, never a delete). That I presume is easy to use, but is it necessary beyond smog/cel?

Thank you, I've been reading but haven't found these specific answers.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:12 pm 

ero_ wrote:
Something I've been wondering is if the block off plates effectively delete the egr, why do we bother with the kits? Seems way easier to just leave the parts in place than replace them. Aesthetics?
Also I do have the gde tuner, it came with the vehicle (had a hot tune, never a delete). That I presume is easy to use, but is it necessary beyond smog/cel?
Thank you, I've been reading but haven't found these specific answers.

Reason for the kit is to clean up the engine compartment and get rid of all the excess unneeded junk off the engine.
You don't have to have the kit as long as you block off the exhaust feed tube to the EGR valve and remove the butterfly plate out of the FCV.
I ran for over a year like this before delete kits had come become available.
But getting rid of all that extra plumbing and junk parts sure helps the engine compartment look better and cleaner.

Can't comment on gde engine tunes; never used any. Only used Yeti tunes and they "Rock"!

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:06 pm 
LOST Member

Pretty colors.

2005 Liberty Limited CRD; Air Filter Monitor; Samco Hoses; GDE HOT Tune; RL037142AA TC; KJ Interior Rack from All J Products; JBA Adjust-a-strut lift and A-Arms; 245/75R16 Firestone Destination ATs on Moabs; ARB Bumper; ASFIR Skids; FS-2500 Bypass Filter; ARP studs.
2016 Grand Cherokee Overland CRD.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:41 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just a heads up on the intake, if anyone buys the KB Diesel one, be mindful of the welds. Mine showed up with a gap in the weld on the mounting side of the plate, it also had tons of spatter and small slag BBs in it. If I had mounted it up without grinding and removing that material it would have trashed the engine.

In tank lift Pump
Yeti tuned!