It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Over Drive not working normally
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 8:18 pm 
LOST Member

Hello All,

When I first start the Jeep, I can activate the OD when in Park or in reverse, but once in drive I can not turn it off (If already activated) and conversely, cant turn it on. If I come to a stop, I can then only activated or deactivate it if I shift in to reverse.
I did unhook the battery for about half hour as I read somewhere this could erase any "setting" the transmission has. Any ideas on how I can get this OD to work properly? Thanks for any insight
Ken

Beaverton Oregon

Post subject: Re: Over Drive not working normally
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 11:08 pm 

mtbdemon wrote:
Hello All,
When I first start the Jeep, I can activate the OD when in Park or in reverse, but once in drive I can not turn it off (If already activated) and conversely, cant turn it on. If I come to a stop, I can then only activated or deactivate it if I shift in to reverse.
I did unhook the battery for about half hour as I read somewhere this could erase any "setting" the transmission has. Any ideas on how I can get this OD to work properly? Thanks for any insight
Ken

The FSM shows the OD lockout is controled by the TCM via the button on the side of the gearshift.
IF the TCM is not happy with all the inputs, it may be keeping it from operating properly.
Be sure and check the grounds (G301), FSM shows two of them in the shifter area.
See wiring diagrams and ground location drawing below.
From the FSM:
TRANSMISSION SHIFTER OVERDRIVE SWITCH wrote:

OPERATION
At key-on, fourth gear operation is allowed. Pressing the switch once causes the overdrive OFF mode to be entered and the overdrive OFF switch lamp to be illuminated. Pressing the switch, a second time causes normal overdrive operation to be restored and the overdrive lamp to be turned off. The overdrive OFF mode defaults to ON after the ignition switch is cycled OFF and ON. The normal position for the control switch is the ON position. The switch must be in this position to energize the solenoids and allow upshifts to fourth gear. The control switch indicator light illuminates only when the overdrive switch is turned to the OFF position, or when illuminated by the transmission control module.

G301 GROUNDS

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount