It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: AC Clutch Cut Out at Highway Speeds in Some Conditions
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:48 pm 
LOST Member

Where is the orifice tube located on our jeeps? Is it in the accumulator? The bottle thing near firewall.

Also, does yours get cold in fan 1 recirculation on highway at night with like say 85F outside temp? The reason I'm obsessed with all this I have 3 other vehicles and they all would freeze you out at night on lower fan speeds even. The air is cold. The jeep is just cool, comfortable but not COLD. Why? Is it an inherent weak designed system or is there something more? I just want her to be the best that she can be and I'm happy. I still suspect something not right. Perhaps orifice tube not letting enough freon through fast enough. My bmw will freeze you out at night after driving a while, even on minimum fan. She may have a variable displacement system with an expansion valve. The Tacoma 2000 has a simple cycling system, and it gets VERY cold on the highway. Noted smaller cab but the air temp just gets icy. Finally, I have a mini cooper that will also freeze you out lol, but not as strong as the other two just mentioned. It has a cycling system too the fan will go on and off so I think compressor does also. Jeep is most weak. The BMW is cool it continuously varies the fan based on output pressure. That being said like today at 99 it was barely keeping up to keep car nice and cool, required full blast nearly. That's not normal either for a new bmw, this one is old. But it does good and freezes you at all other times so that's good, that tells me it's just at its max capacity of cooling with it's old inefficiency's.

Thx for putting up with my OCD :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:38 am 

Mine cools good on all fan speed settings, even on hot days. I do have the GM 11 blade fan and matching HD fan clutch, it made a big difference in AC performance. Lot better air flow through condenser especially at lower speed and in town stop and go driving.

My understanding is the orifice tube is in the high pressure line coming off the AC compressor, you must replace the whole line as the orifice tube is not serviceable for a KJ.
Jeep Liberty liquid line and orifice tube. The liquid line connects the condenser to the evaporator. The line includes the orifice tube which is not replaceable without changing out the line.
Rock Auto lists the replacement line:> https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/jee ... +line,6900

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:24 am 
LOST Member

Interesting, thanks for info.

What is "good"? Have you measured the vent output on say a nice 90F+ day on various fan speeds? You should :)

I have all those fancy fan stuff now :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:21 pm 
LOST Newbie

Could it be the blend door actuator?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:01 am 
LOST Member

I suppose that’s possible but don’t think so. I checked it works fine opens and closes. And stays because you can hear it and gets much warmer when changes