It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2007 Jeep Liberty CRD for sale- Reno, NV
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:53 pm 
LOST Newbie

I am selling my 2007 Jeep Liberty CRD (~161,000 miles), with one glaring issue. The headline is it needs a new transmission- I believe it's the torque converter that's done it.

The next most important detail is that the engine has been replaced- the original broke a camshaft or lobe and we swapped it out in November 2021 with a salvage engine from Car Part Planet with roughly 107K on it and a limited 5yr/30K warranty. It runs so well, I think that is what caused the torque converter to torture the transmission. We ran it from November 2021 to April 2022 before the transmission broke. The engine really runs great. Timing belt kit & water pump (from Sasquatch parts) replaced with the salvage engine installation.

Other than not having the working transmission and upgraded torque converter, the jeep has had most of the modifications you would want in a CRD, including:
--EGR delete from GreenDiesel (transferred over to the salvage engine)
--Frankenlift (with Old Man Emu 1.5" lift kit and Moog front upper control arms)
--Full extended skid plate
--All J Boulder Bars
--aftermarket roof rails (I think Rocky Road outfitters)
--Cummins in-tank fuel pump (from Sasquatch Parts)
--Falken Wildpeak/AT LT245/75R16 tires with < 5,000 miles on them

I had this all ready for the summer season and I would love to keep it but I simply don't have the tools for a transmission swap, nor do I have the funds at the moment. Because of the money put into the engine, I am asking $2,000 OBO for it. Photos and a video of it running are available here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10YtSFD-pLuvaCYd6O6rtu043JlreaQel?usp=sharing