It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2006 CRD Limited For Sale (Massachusetts)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

Here for photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/37u3e7CnzBxFDHcb6

Officially up for sale: $5,100

It looks like it is time for me to part with my 2006 CRD Limited. It is running just fine, but the wife is getting fed up with the regular repairs that we all know and accept as part of owning a 16 year-old vehicle like this vintage Liberty.

Some details:
I bought it from a seller in New Jersey in 2013 when it had 76,800 miles. As far as I know it was totally stock-no mods except for a higher-end Alpine sound system she had installed. I believe without knowing for sure she was the original owner. Color is blue.

Today it has 141,000 miles. Starts up and runs fine-my daily driver. Just passed inspection in March, 2022. The body has some rust (bottom of doors, around 3rd brake light, and at spare tire mount) but nothing that goes thru the metal-mostly surficial. The frame is good-no structural rot. It does have a small dent in the tailgate next to the spare from that time my boat trailer bounced off the ball and hit the tailgate. It broke the paint but didn't puncture the metal, and the tailgate opens and closes just fine. I also got hit in the driver's door years ago, and had all that fixed by the other driver's insurance (nothing structural-just the door). Power windows/locks all work. A/C blows cold.

Known problems: Since I took the photos in July 2022, the CEL decided to come on. My garage says codes are p0299 turbo under boost and p0672 cylinder #2 glow plug. But it starts and runs and accelerates just fine with good power and no smoke. The low boost might be a small hole in the intercooler, bad solenoid, or possibly stuck vanes in the turbo but I haven't investigated yet. The hoses seem to be tight so probably not the culprit. Also, power side mirrors quit working years ago-now they're manual.

It is still all stock--a prime candidate for someone to do all the mods you want, or just drive it. The interior is very good and clean-no rips or tears.

Recent-ish work:
Muffler and exhaust from cat back - February 2022
Rear brakes-discs and rotors and 1 new tire - March 2021 (3 tires still have some life left)
Emergency brake cables (L&R) - August 2021
Fuel filter and fuel/water sensor - July 2020
Front brakes-discs and rotors - July 2019
SAMCO silicone intercooler hoses and turbo inlet hose - January 2019
New OEM thermostat; new MAP sensor - January 2019
Replaced crank position sensor - February 2018
Replaced front sway bar links and bushings - February 2018
Replaced alternator - November 2017
Replaced both rear driveshaft U-joints - July 2017
Replaced accessory belt and tensioner - July 2017
Replaced timing belt and pulleys - August 2015 (at 94,000 miles)

Jason

Last edited by skippybrew on Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: 2006 CRD Limited For Sale (Massachusetts)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

<bump> It is officially for sale, and I added photos. Thanks for looking. Jason

Edited to add my phone number. That may get a faster response than a PM in the forum.

cell: 508-423-4660