It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Crank, no start P0093 P0101
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:31 pm 
LOST Junkie

its time to check electrical harness between ECM and the defuel pressure sensor maybe there is a bad connection or something. make sure all connections are good

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:08 pm 
LOST Newbie

rankom wrote:
its time to check electrical harness between ECM and the defuel pressure sensor maybe there is a bad connection or something. make sure all connections are good

I agree. It’s just bizarre because I’m able to get readings from the scanner that fluctuate properly. To me, that rules out electrical.
I’ve never been able to find a definitive answer, but if I need at least 5k psi then I need to figure out why I’m not getting it. I’m getting supply to the rail, so why would it not pressurize?
I’m going to try the cascade/overflow valve on the cp3 mainly because getting to it is enough work and the part is cheap enough to justify just replacing it. I’m not exactly sure if it can fail in a way that causes it to divert enough fuel back to the tank to cause these symptoms, but it seems plausible, especially considering that when I removed the overflow hose at the end of the rail, a lot of fuel was flowing out toward the rail when cranking

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:19 pm 
LOST Junkie

wazmer07 wrote:
rankom wrote:

I agree. It’s just bizarre because I’m able to get readings from the scanner that fluctuate properly. To me, that rules out electrical.
I’ve never been able to find a definitive answer, but if I need at least 5k psi then I need to figure out why I’m not getting it. I’m getting supply to the rail, so why would it not pressurize?
I’m going to try the cascade/overflow valve on the cp3 mainly because getting to it is enough work and the part is cheap enough to justify just replacing it. I’m not exactly sure if it can fail in a way that causes it to divert enough fuel back to the tank to cause these symptoms, but it seems plausible, especially considering that when I removed the overflow hose at the end of the rail, a lot of fuel was flowing out toward the rail when cranking

don't always trust scan tools they might not give you the real fuel rail pressure the only way to know is to install mechanical fuel gauge. sometimes its worth it removing ECM harness cleaning it and also sometimes cutting out pig tail at fuel rail pressure sensors replacing it with the new one might help.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:25 pm 
LOST Member

So I'm following this thread because it has a similar ring to it that I'm dealing with.
If your CP3 is failing, it could send debris downstream to the fuel rail pressure solenoid (causing it to fail) and your injectors ( causing them to fail). You said you tested the injectors one at a time but not all at once. My advice is to pull all the injectors AND the CP3, send them in to be tested. Remove and clean all your injector lines, fuel rail, and everything upstream of the CP3. If your CP3 IS failing it will keep destroying everything downstream of it.

Just my :2cents: worth. But WTF do I know

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:13 pm 

DieselJeepLuvr wrote:
So I'm following this thread because it has a similar ring to it that I'm dealing with.
If your CP3 is failing, it could send debris downstream to the fuel rail pressure solenoid (causing it to fail) and your injectors ( causing them to fail). You said you tested the injectors one at a time but not all at once. My advice is to pull all the injectors AND the CP3, send them in to be tested. Remove and clean all your injector lines, fuel rail, and everything upstream of the CP3. If your CP3 IS failing it will keep destroying everything downstream of it.

Just my :2cents: worth. But WTF do I know

A whole lot, and very good advice!

The major cause for fuel injection pump problems is dirty fuel and poor filtration which can cause failures of an injection pump and / or injectors!

The factory fitted OEM water separator/filter combo is about 10 microns at best new out of the box and quickly degrades from there.
That is why some owners like myself have fitted a much larger *secondary 2 micron fuel filter (@99% efficiency(Beta 75 or higher) to our Jeeps CRDs to prevent any contaminated fuel from getting to the expensive CP3 injection pump and injectors.
Filters are some of the cheapest insurance you will ever purchase!
Quote:
*NOTE: Installation of a 2 micron secondary fuel filter requires having an intank fuel lift/feed pump.

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for all of the good info.
I should get the overflow valve this week and try that. If it doesn’t work, I will look into ecm connections.
I am using an Autel MaxiCom Mk808 scan tool. Hopefully given the price of those, I can trust it.
Given the circumstance under which the engine initially stalled, I am reluctant to believe it is a bad connection. I have all but convinced myself that it must be something that opened once pressurized and failed “stuck open” not allowing fuel to pressurize again. Given that I have fuel supply to the rail as expected and I’ve ruled out injectors and already replaced the rail pressure solenoid, I can only hope the cascade/overflow valve is simply not allowing enough supply to the rail.
I am assuming that I need 5000 psi to fire injectors.
After this, I’m not sure what else it could be. I really don’t want to go down the “parts that could’ve been bad in the box” path, as that seems like it’d be even more frustrating.
I’m no expert on these, but I’ve always been good about filter changes and run Archoil and Amsoil fuel additives from time to time.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 5:52 pm 
LOST Newbie

Boy I would sure like to hear how this one turned out....any way we can reach out the the original poster to see if he got it figured out ?

jba lift , 245/70/17. wifes ride want to keep it going as long as possible...

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 9:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

Sorry guys, never got it figured and decided to get an ALH TDI for commute. Selling this rig now. I still don’t know what the issue was. I managed to strip out the threads on the CP3 while installing the new overflow valve. Sucks not knowing if that would’ve fixed it, but I had spent way too much time and money trying to solve it.
My best guess is that it probably jumped out of time. I believe timing was done before I bought it at 140k but I don’t know that for sure. At 220k and 6 years later now. Timing belt appeared in tact just peeking under the cover but probably due