It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2006 liberty crd no power
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

I just traded for a 2006 liberty crd diesel 222,000 miles on it.
I have 2 codes p0093 and p1252. The jeep has no power and when it hits roughly 2000 - 2200 rpm it will shut the engine off. It always starts right back up. But sometimes it feels like it's in limp mode and will go over 2000 rpm but absolutely no power.
It has updated harness and fuel head, new filter and new silicone charge pipes. I am very new to these little diesel engines but we'll experienced in the automotive field so I don't have a problem tearing into it but I'm stumped. It has good vacuum at the solenoids. New fuel filter. I checked for air at the fuel head when it died but didn't get any.previous owner put a inline pump in but has it under the hood. I'm going to move it to right in front of the tank to see if it helps any. But I need to address both codes I know.
Any help would be appreciated

Post subject: Re: 2006 liberty crd no power
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:13 am 
LOST Addict

Hello,Bowtiecrazz:

Welcome to LOSTJEEEPS.com. There indeed is a lot of good information and advice on this forum, but there is also some bad advice on this forum and elsewhere formulated from poorly thought out reasoning and theories; be wary of the advice you are reading online.

WWDiesel is correct when he responded to your post in the Member Introductions forum. Start by reading the NOOB guide for the Liberty CRD.

The best solution for the air-in-fuel problem of the Liberty CRD is to actually have an in-tank pump so that there is no vacuum side for air to get drawn in. If you can take that inline pump and get it as close to the tank as possible I suppose that would be better, but you must make sure the vacuum side of the inline pump is air-tight and has 100% integrity.

Aside from requiring a better engine tune and a matching transmission tune, (if you can get it), the engine's O.E. specified operating temperature is way too low in order to comply with the EPA's Oxides of Nitrogen emissions regulations. The rest of the world gets a 195 degree Fahrenheit thermostat; we here in North America get a 176 degree Fahrenheit thermostat. There are proper solutions to this problem and there are very inappropriate fixes for this problem. If you want your Liberty CRD to last a long time be sure to do your homework.

I sent you an e-mail to follow up.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

Appreciate it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:25 am 
LOST Member

Welcome to the Forum!

Download the 2006 KJ Service Manual here....a bit disorganised in my opinion but you can eventually find what those codes mean and what to do about them!

The one code is for "Insufficient Coolant Temp for Closed Loop Fuel Control"

www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:05 am 

MODERATOR wrote:
Welcome to the LOSTJeeps Forum!
Please tell us about your Jeep, mods, upgrades, etc...

If you look in "User Control Panel" (top right), and click on "Profile", you can update your Signature and list your vehicle mods, edit your Profile, and add an Avatar if you so desire.
This information greatly helps others when responding to questions or making comments.

If you have not read Sam's CRD Noob Guide, please do so as there is a lot of very useful information contained in it and it will help educate you about this unique little diesel engine.
Post questions, concerns, comments, if you have any.

Factory Service Manuals are available at:>http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/
:SOMBRERO:

As to your two codes
P0093 -- Fuel system leak detected – large leak Wiring, fuel pressure sensor, mechanical fault
P1252 -- Vacuum Reservoir Solenoid Short Circuit
-- Faulty Vacuum Reservoir Solenoid
-- Vacuum Reservoir Solenoid harness is open or shorted
-- Vacuum Reservoir Solenoid circuit poor electrical connection
-- The Engine Control Module (ECM) detected a short to ground on the Vacuum Reservoir Solenoid control circuit

The first one, P0093 is telling you there is a problem with your fuel supply. It could be caused by air being sucked into the fuel system.
Most owners install an intank fuel lift pump to prevent air in fuel issues forever.
Basicly the ECM is seeing lower than normal high pressure fuel rail pressure.

The second one is the vacuum solenoid that provides vacuum to the turbo actuator through the modulator valve.
If it is bad, it will cause poor turbo performance (boost) which will greatly impede engine performance when under load or accelerating.
The vacuum solenoid can be "bypassed" for a simple test to see if it is the problem. (see pictures)
If it is proven to be bad, replace it. IDParts.com sales them.

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

Lift pump installed, I have 9 to 10 psi coming out of the fuel pump head. Still does same thing shuts off at 2000ish
Rpms. Turn the key off and then it'll fire right up.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:15 pm 
LOST Newbie

So I've been doing some research and run across a diagnosis write up by Oregon fuel injection.
On the fuel pressure solenoid if you take the return line aff at the rail there shouldn't be fuel coming out at idle and mine has a steady stream of fuel pouring out of it
Think I'm going to order one and see if it'll fix my p0093 issue.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:02 pm 
LOST Member

One other line of thought, the P0093 can be caused by a fuel restriction (or air leaking in which it sounds like you've checked for). A clogged fuel filter or gelled fuel (if you are someplace that gets cold enough for this to happen) can throw a P0093. Sounds like you've changed the fuel filter, but if there was a bunch of junk in the tank it may have clogged the new one too. Since you have a fuel pump, you might want to check the fuel flow out of the filter just to be sure. Gelled fuel can be fixed with additives, or just park it in a heated garage for a day and see if that changes anything...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:12 am 
LOST Newbie

Ended up ordering another new fuel pressure sensor and that
Fixed the problem with it shutting off at 2000 rpm.
Now I need to order the secondary vacuum solenoid deal for boost. It runs pretty good not I swapped the vacuum lines temporarily. I need to do a egr delete.
So hopefully it'll stay running decent for a while. I did upgrade to the Cummins lift pump as well

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:20 pm 

Bowtiecrazz wrote:
Ended up ordering another new fuel pressure sensor and that
Fixed the problem with it shutting off at 2000 rpm.
Now I need to order the secondary vacuum solenoid deal for boost. It runs pretty good not I swapped the vacuum lines temporarily. I need to do a egr delete.
So hopefully it'll stay running decent for a while. I did upgrade to the Cummins lift pump as well

Good for you on the lift pump! :BANANA:

IDParts.com has the turbo vacuum solenoid:> https://www.idparts.com/vacuum-solenoid ... -3211.html

EGR Intake Elbow Horn Kit for 2.8l CRD 2005-06 Jeep Liberty Turbo Diesel:> https://kbdieselperformance.com/chevy-g ... p133880322

You will have to make your own exhaust block off plate or exhaust manifold plug as this kit does not come with one

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve