It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New CRD Liberty owner - couple of questions
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:38 pm 
LOST Newbie

TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK wrote:

"UNFINISHED" is defined as the surfaces of the Model 001 thermostat not being anodized, painted or polished. The housing, the cap and the hose barb are fully machined. You can permanently assemble the parts of a Model 001 thermostat as they are when they arrive to you and then install it on your CRD engine and it will function every bit as well as a Model 001 that has fully finished surfaces. A Model 001 thermostat with raw machined housings will work just as well as one that has a polished cap and main housing, a powder coated or painted cap and main housing, or an anodized cap and main housing.

The purpose of finishing, then permanently assembling the Model 001 myself and then shipping it was to be able to offer a thermostat that is ready to install when it arrives to the customer. For the time being I am unable to offer this extra service because of family obligations. Most customers want the function and performance the Model 001 offers and are not concerned with how it looks.

Some other customers really do want to put their own signature on their Model 001. They will therefore paint, powder coat or anodize their Model 001 in a manner that suits them. My Facebook Home Page has a customer review from a fellow who hard anodized his Model 001. See the following link...

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005354959266

Most people who choose to finish their Model 001 thermostats will paint or powder coat their Model 001 thermostat parts. I therefore media blast the main housing and the cap, then I thoroughly clean them before lightly assembling them; then they get packed for shipping. Media blasting stipples the surfaces of the housing and cap, making the paint or powder coating stick better. Lightly assembling the Model 001 shows the customer where all of the parts go before he or she takes it all apart to make masking for painting or powder coating easier.

I'd like to order an unfinished one, I tried sending you a message about a week ago but I am not sure if it got delivered or not.

Post subject: Re: New CRD Liberty owner - couple of questions
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:01 am 

atlantis737 wrote:
I'd like to order an unfinished one, I tried sending you a message about a week ago but I am not sure if it got delivered or not.

I have it on good authority that there may be another custom thermostat in the works in the near future for the CRD without the lead time issue.
Can't say much yet, but will post if and when more information becomes available. :wink:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve