It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Weird ticking on the bottom of the engine. (Louder on passen
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:02 am 
LOST Newbie

Hello I have a 06 liberty CRD and for about 250 miles it's Ben doing the ticking sounds and I'm praying to God it's not a rod knock I don't know what a rod knock sounds like in the liberty crd bc theirs no videos out their of the sound but it only starts to tick when the engine is approaching quarter the way of operating temp and gose away when close to operating temp. (I do have a bad thermostat. I can never get to operating temp, but it will get replaced soon.) Here's a youtube video I uploaded so u guys can have a listen

https://youtu.be/BFkoK9iRgBI?si=fN-9NiKtJReLvunp

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Weird ticking on the bottom of the engine. (Louder on pa
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:10 pm 
LOST Member

I don't hear anything unusual in the video. You say it's louder when you're under it? Could be an exhaust leak. What's the vehicle history?

Post subject: Re: Weird ticking on the bottom of the engine. (Louder on pa
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:50 pm 
LOST Newbie

Okay, this is gonna be a long story. My brother bought it for 800 off. Someone with 130k miles had nothing wrong with it, but after 1k miles of him owning it, turbo blew up. And I bought it off him for 1500 (yes he bought it for 800 and sold it to me with him destroying the interior and a blown turbo and it's 100% stock with egr he don't know how to take care of cars) but I love it that it's a rare diesel so I got it as a project cat and now it's my every day car. But then I got the egr and what not deleted after I got it driving. New maf to. Than I had an emergency tear down once I went to take out the glow plugs and 2 of the tips are completely missing out of the 4 so I had to go to my brother and loan 1,400 for the stuff to do the head gasket and are head studs and new rockers and what not and once I got the head off I seen no glow plug tips or anything and that's when I found out why the turbo blew when my brother had it. Theirs pistion damage but it made it almost 30k miles woth the pistions having alot of dints and dings and one of the pistions I think it's slowly eating its self alive. Here's the pic of the damage on the head and the 2 pistions. Gonna be getting new rods and pistions soon for it. And also manley exaust valves while I'm at it. If u can also help me find where I can get those already premade for it, it would be awesomeImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk