It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Suncoast torque converter
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:31 am 
LOST Newbie

I have a few questions to ask.\/

1. I can't seem to find out the (stock) torque converter stall speed would anyone know?

2. also, would it be good to lower the stall speed by 200-300rpm for better fuel efficiency?

3. where can I order the suncoast TC because I can't see it on the website. If anyone can, can they send the link to it? Thankyou to anyone who helps me out

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Suncoast torque converter
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:53 pm 

To order a Suncoast torque converter, simply call or email Suncoast Performance.
They do not list the TC for the Jeep Liberty on their website; they custom build them as ordered. :wink:
Quote:
Contact Information:
Toll-Free: 800-868-0053
Phone: 850-864-2361
Email: info@suncoastconverters.com

From my files:
Quote:
TORQUE CONVERTER RATINGS
Stock Mopar OEM TC is rated for: 300 ft. lbs. max (406 Nm)
Mopar Euro TC is rated for: 400 ft. lbs. max (~ 542 Nm)
Hemi TC is rated for: ~400-450 ft. lbs. (542-610 Nm)
Florida TC is rated for: (*ft. lb. ratings not found) (400 BELOW FACTORY stall speed)
Suncoast CRD-1ES TC is rated for: 600 ft. lbs. (813 Nm) max torque. (1900 rpm stall speed)

The Suncoast CRD-1ES TC is rated for: 600 ft. lbs. (813 Nm) max torque, a torque figure that the Jeep CRD engine never achieves even with a custom hot tune.
Stock Mopar OEM TC is rated for: 300 ft. lbs. max (406 Nm)
Mopar Euro TC is rated for: 400 ft. lbs. max (~ 542 Nm)
*Hemi TC is rated for: ~400-450 ft. lbs. (542-610 Nm)
Most gasoline powered vehicles normally have higher stall speed TC's due to their higher RPM peak torque numbers vs lower stall speeds for diesel powered vehicles since they make their peak torque at a much lower RPM.

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:16 pm 
LOST Member

I read somewhere the stock torque converter used in hemi truck's and CRD's are rated at 2,200 RPM. As for lowering it will help with fuel economy? Possibly as our CRD reaches peak torque around 1,800 RPM. A lower stall will also help reduce heat production during towing if the converter is not locked up. Best way to get optimum fuel economy is to drive conservatively, don't add bumper guards and lift kits which increase wind resistance.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:34 am 
LOST Newbie

DieselJeepLuvr wrote:
I read somewhere the stock torque converter used in hemi truck's and CRD's are rated at 2,200 RPM. As for lowering it will help with fuel economy? Possibly as our CRD reaches peak torque around 1,800 RPM. A lower stall will also help reduce heat production during towing if the converter is not locked up. Best way to get optimum fuel economy is to drive conservatively, don't add bumper guards and lift kits which increase wind resistance.
Okay, so if i get a suncoast TC and have the stall speed at 1,800, it will perform its best? For some reason, some days it will take off really good like it already has it, and I barely press on the pedal, and I'm glued to the seat.

But now it's completely gone so now to get to 3rd gear I gotta be over or just at 2k rpm and not just under it like usual and it's sucking so much gas. Also trying to figure out why my trans dip stick pops out witch is being held on by velcro but I take it as a bad sign that the pressure relief valve tube that's dangling under my jeep that's coming from the transmission is bad but idk where to order a new one as the item is Discontinued. Also got a bad pcv valve if that can be the cause of the bad mpg's and bad take off

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:03 pm 
LOST Member

There are so many things that could be your problem other than your transmission. Why don't you give us a little history on your rig? Miles, updates, etc. have you done all the noob mods? Do you have any codes?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:24 am 
LOST Member

Dipstick pops out because it's too long. Like mine it's contacting the bottom of the pan.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:26 pm 
LOST Member

And Crickets...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

DieselJeepLuvr wrote:
And Crickets...
Sorry i got busy and forgot about here. I thought i left a response did i? Did it get deleted?