It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: So how many Diehard CRD owners are left?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:51 pm 
LOST Junkie

I have an 06" purchased in 2013 at 100k miles. did almost all the upgrades (too many to list)
presently at 150k in mint condition. last one that can be seen in Toronto highways. lots of extra parts in the shed to keep it going for many more years.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:27 pm 
LOST Member

Still got one....Rebuilt the transmission but still have the 2/3 hard shift. Quick learned it but just haven't driven it so it "adapts". Sure as he** has no trouble adapting to the bad crap chrysler programmed into it.
She's on "hospice" soon to be sent to organ donation without a cure.....

13 Edge Limited AWD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:55 pm 
LOST Member

My 2005 is still in use, but now that I'm retired it doesn't get driven more than a few times per month.

Right now I think I might need a replacement TCM, but it's not that high up on my very limited to-do list. Lots of TCMs available for gassers; diesels, not so much. Once I get it shifting better, I'll probably drive it more.

2005 Liberty Limited CRD; Air Filter Monitor; Samco Hoses; GDE HOT Tune; RL037142AA TC; KJ Interior Rack from All J Products; JBA Adjust-a-strut lift and A-Arms; 245/75R16 Firestone Destination ATs on Moabs; ARB Bumper; ASFIR Skids; FS-2500 Bypass Filter; ARP studs.
2016 Grand Cherokee Overland CRD.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:46 am 
LOST Newbie

Mine is a 2005 Sport with 208k miles and is running better than ever today. 2 weeks ago I installed a new turbocharger from Sasquatch along with new upper and lower oil lines. At the same time I did the silicone vacuum hose upgrade per WWDiesel, modified the exhaust as per WWDiesel and installed a new pvc puck. I reinstalled the ehm temporarily and was eyeing a home brewed oil catch can setup.
2 months ago I pulled the Liberty into a parking lot and got out and a guy pulls up next to me and says he has a 2005 Sport and a 2006 Limited for sale both diesels. I bought both this passed Friday and drove both onto and off the trailer. The guy lived about 8 miles from me. Both are the same Bronze like color. The Limited is a keeper and had been well cared for. It also has the Sasquatch catch can and silicone intake hose which is going on my daily driver today. The engine may be mortally wounded and I will determine that soon. Yesterday I removed the sub grille from the Sport and installed it on the daily driver to repair damage caused by nailing a buzzard in the road. They still had buzzard feathers stuck in places. The engine from the Sport will probably go into the Limited. Also dealing with Sasquatch and Idparts is a pleasure and the turbocharger from Sasquatch is a magnificent piece.

In tank harness/fuel pump
Airtex rear bag, Fujimoto valve
Upgraded lifters, exhaust valves, fuel head
Florida torque converter, ID trans pump
Transgo shift kit, GM fan
2 micron filter, Bilstein shocks
Viscous heater delete

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:13 pm 
LOST Newbie

Still hanging in with a 2005 Sport with 147k mi. Recently bought a Rubicon, but my heart is still with the Liberty. Besides, the towing capacity is sooo much better :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:43 am 
LOST Newbie

I'm still in a committed relationship with my wife's`06 Sport with 150k miles on the clock. We bought it new in 2006 when we lived in Washington and I still love it. I've personally maintained it since Day 1, but if I had to pay someone to do all the work I've done I probably would have tapped-out already. But it's such a great vehicle, and I've got tons of spare parts and service items on the shelf. Plus, cars are hella expensive these days and they aren't half as cool as these rigs.

My daily driver is an`07 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with a 5.9L diesel and a 48RE, but I drive the hell out of my wife's Liberty too.

Just today I installed WWDiesel's Viscous Heater Delete Kit and replaced the rear diff cover with a nice ARB cast iron cover. I also serviced both diffs and the transmission.

After I was done this evening, because I was so cranked-up after working on the Liberty, I ordered the in-tank lift pump kit from Sasquatch Parts and an OME lift kit. The factory coils are sagging so bad and I just can't ignore it anymore. I wish I had done the lift earlier but my wife doesn't care about that stuff but I think she's going to dig it once it's done.

So, yeah... I think I'd consider myself a diehard CRD owner. My main concern is where I live... California has been giving me the stink eye about our CRD for a long time. I just hope nothing changes regarding diesel regulations in my area. Fingers crossed.

OEM Skid Plate Set
Straight-piped
Suncoast TC, MagHytec AT pan, TransGo Shift Kit
Steiger Window Regulators
Samco Hoses
Marathon Seat Covers
Sasquatch WEEKS Stage 1 & 2
ARB Rear Diff Cover
IRO Upper Control Arm
Viscous Heater Delete

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:09 am 
LOST Newbie

Good Morning,

New to Lost Jeep and a fairly new 06 CRD owner.

I live on the island of St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Jeeps are everywhere here and especially Libertys. Pretty sure I'm the only CRD on island. Can't tell you how many times I've had people run over to me at the pump when I'm putting diesel into it that say I'm going to ruing my gas motor! lol

Looking forward to learning from everyone in this group!

Dan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:52 am 
LOST Member

2006 Liberty Limited.
149,250 Miles on the clock.
Bought it in 2014 with 115,000 miles on her, from a dealer.
Condition of the sale was that it would come with a timing belt change and new water pump.

Intermittent sunroof dribble from the front left corner in the rain, No matter what I've tried at several tire shops and several dealerships - there's no cure for the digital readout telling me my spare tire has low pressure, and I'm in the process of replacing the rear window motor assemblies (driver's side failed, passenger side is preemptive).

The seats aren't as comfortable as the ones in my '88 Ranger STX or '97 Dodge Ram were on longer trips, but that's 'OK'.

JBA lift kit, Sasquatch exhaust kit fix for the exhaust mixing valve, and a failed ECM reprogramming experience trying to turn off the dash light.
I saved my original program, and tried two of the standard recommended reprograms, neither of them turned off the dash light, and then I lost the HDD on my laptop that had the original bin file on it, so I have no clue what the original bin was anymore.

I've replaced the rear wheel speed sensors once 3 years ago,and checked the wiring for breaks/shorts/etc, for an intermittent issue when it rained, and recently it looks like it's happening again twice in the last few months.

Oh well. it runs fine and I get 21 MPG, so I just learned to ignore it.

I've got the replacement glow plugs in a box on my workbench for a year or two, and though I keep thinking about swapping them - I'm worried that one of them will be seized or snap off when I start pulling out the old ones.

I had 300K+ miles on the 4X4 Ranger, and 250K+ miles on the 4X4 (diesel) Ram, and I like this Liberty as much as either of those.

Overall, I'm happy with this little green monster, I'm 66 and I hope it outlives me. I just hope this web site outlives me, too. :JEEPIN:

- Weeks Kit Stage 1.
- Weeks Kit Stage 2.
- JBA 2.5 inch Silver kit and UCAs installed at 125K miles.
- Weeks supplied Samco Intercooler Hoses and clamps.

Waiting for time, limber fingers, and good weather to do my HDS Model 001 Thermostat unit swap.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm in Texas. I remember seeing ads for the Diesel Liberty when they were first available. It got good reviews, and I really wanted one back then but couldn't justify the cost. In 2015, I was driving a '98 Wrangler with the 2.4L four-banger, and needed a better road trip vehicle...and I found a 2006 CRD Sport with 114k on it at a random used car lot in Houston, run by a bunch of friendly Arabs. Had to put a new battery in it right off the bat -- my first lesson in "CRD speak" was low voltage = no crank. That '06 now has 210k on it, and I've done most of the "reliability upgrades" in the list, though there are still a few to go. Had the timing belt etc. replaced twice, got a new head during COVID. Recently had a local paint & body shop redo the hood and roof in OEM dark khaki metallic, now it looks almost new. The white lettering was wearing off of many of the cockpit controls, mainly the cruise buttons on the steering wheel, so I got a white paint pen and (rather artfully, if I do say so myself) refreshed things a bit. The front suspension likes to creak if I don't keep it lubed, probably needs new bushings all the way 'round.

I just signed up to be notified when Sasquatch has turbos available, as the smooth whine has started sounding a little gravelly at higher RPMs. Probably shouldn't be driving it at the moment, but my DDD (daily driver diesel) is in the shop, so I'm just keeping RPMs low and saying my prayers.

This vehicle is so much fun, though, it's worth the upkeep.

Current: 2006 Liberty CRD Sport (SunCoast TC, GDE EcoTune, SAMCO hoses, Fumoto oil drain valve), 1998 Wrangler Sport (2.4L, 2" lift, winch)
Previous: '43 Willys, '75 CJ-5, '82 Wagoneer Limited, '94 Wrangler Renegade, '96 Cherokee