It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Sasquatch turbocharger
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi, despite running very good at 208k miles my turbocharger would hang up and not build boost sometimes. Would stop and turn off engine then restart and all would be well until it happened again. Had been running EHM for a while but read here that could be detrimental to crankshaft seals. Changed back to stock setup with pvc puck hose running to turbocharger intake hose. Eventually pvc puck hose got hard and cracked leaving oil on top of engine. When removing the boost hose from the turbocharger there was a small amount of oil in the turbo end of the hose.
So ordered an oil separator canister, new silicone vacuum hose, new pvc puck, a new turbocharger from Sasquatch along with a complete install kit. The Sasquatch turbo is a good looking piece.
The plan is to change the motor mounts, transmission mount and some cooling hoses since I have the turbocharger and exhaust already out of the way. Also plan to install a new turbocharger boost actuator valve, crankshaft and cam position sensors since I have those parts on hand. My question is I need a source for some new tees for the vacuum hose and oil resistant 3/4” and 7/8” hose for the oil separator. I will keep the old parts because I found a guy that has a Sport CRD and a Limited CRD in my neighborhood that’s for sale.

In tank harness/fuel pump
Airtex rear bag, Fujimoto valve
Upgraded lifters, exhaust valves, fuel head
Florida torque converter, ID trans pump
Transgo shift kit, GM fan
2 micron filter, Bilstein shocks
Viscous heater delete