It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: All
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello All,
I have a little problam and hoping some of you guys have the answer I am looking for. I have a JK Wangler 2.8 CRD 2010 year.
I was driving very happy going down the road and all of a sudden the Engine just shut down. So I costed to a complete stop. I was lucky as I had a OBD Scanner in the car. I plug this guy in and this was what come up.
Code P2149 Fuel injector Group B supply Voltage Circuit/ Open,
Code P0271 Cylinder 4 injector Circuit High,
Code P0268 Cylinder 3 injector Circuit High
Code P0265 Cylinder 2 injector circuit High
Code P0262 Cylinder 1 injector Circuit High

Now I reset the codes and the car started up right away and off I went for 100 meters then the engine cut out once again and all the codes above come back.

So the only thing I did 3 days ago was put a Brand new battery on the car. I been driving it around without any problems. I got the car just about home now and unplugged all the Injector plugs and cleaned them all as well on the ECU aswell as the Control unit Plugs. I started the truck back up after clearing all codes, it started on the button. Run on tick over for 30 min with what I was thinking had fixed the problam. But then it just cut out once again with all codes as above. Any Ideas any one? One other point I did have a fuel pressor sensor issue come up last week on my car and I removed it cleaned it and put it back and no codes have come up saying its not working as before so I am assuming its working OK.
The New Battry is a 12v 90 AMP. HELP PLEASE anyone. Thank you in advance.

Post subject: Re: All
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:20 am 
LOST Member

Why did you change the battery?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:16 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi The battery was 7 years old and I needed to keep charging it up. I think I now found the problam. Everything is pointing to the TIPM as now the temperature and fuel gauge is doing strange things as well as the fan was running by it self last night. Now the car will not turn over at all. If i bypassed the starter relay it will start. The relay is OK and the power supply to the relay is OK on a meter but as soon as you turn the key it cuts the down to 11.V to the relay and will not energise the relay. I put a computer on the car its states that the TIPM is pushing out 48V and its a 12V car. I also now see that the outside temperature readout is saying its -45C outside and I live in the tropics.

I need to get this fixed 1st then see if all the problams go away.

Fingers X

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:58 pm 
LOST Member

Whatever is causing that weird drain is probably what killed your last battery.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:32 pm 
LOST Newbie

Maybe but Batterys only have a 5 year life span max on most cars.